Monday, May 5, 2008

The two C's in my life ...

As, I pen this blog this morning I am chuckling at myself. The two C’s in my life this weekend have been reminders of my journey with Breast Cancer and my journey with being technically challenged, Computers!

Over the weekend our community had its annual Relay for Life Event at our local High School Track. Many of you Survivors or Over-comers as I like to call us will know what I am talking about because many of your communities do some of the same things.

It started on Friday night at 7:00 p.m. with the opening ceremony of the Survivors and Caretakers taking the first lap around the track, then from that point on someone on our team from FBC Morrilton had to be on the track until 7:00 a. m. Saturday morning. Since, my breast cancer journey in 2006 I will have to say walking that lap stirs up more emotion in me than I can even share. It reminds me of what I went through and it reminds me of my mom (Caregiver) and others that ministered and prayed for me during the time of surgery, Chemo, and radiation. It also, brings home to me those that were taken by the killer (Cancer) and those that are fighting for their lives even as I write this blog. It is a place where you can talk with those that really understand your journey. Many of you, like myself, continue to be on medications such as Tamoxifin for your cancer treatment which brings on a whole other set of issues in the Surviving and Overcoming category. So, this ‘C’ this weekend has again been a reminder.

The second ‘C’ computer stirs up many emotions in me as well. Not good ones I might add. In fact, my words to Patty earlier this morning went something like, “ I have tried everything I know to do (regarding my wireless connection failure). I found my self mostly frustrated because I could not for the life of me get a ‘real person’ on the service repair line. It wasn’t even an option. And please tell me how I can type in their information to resolve the problem by internet when I CAN”T get on the internet!
Is it just me or how hard is that one to figure out? Hmmmm. I might still have some strong feelings going on about it all, still. Anyway, after a little over an hour of trying to figure it out on my own and sensing in me the feelings welling up to want to toss my laptop out on the front lawn (did I mention through the pane glass window). I did the rational thing and called Patty. Shared with her my mind set about the lap top and the window. She offered to come and help. However, the minute I hung up the phone my wireless connection made its appearance. I feel confident that my laptop and the phone company that handles my wireless heard me mention her name and poof it was working!

For the remainder of this day I would like to be reminded of only one ‘C’. Christ Jesus my Savior! That trumps all other ‘C’s!

Speaking of the weekend, the team that went to Costa Rica got together for food, fellowship, sharing and prayer! It was a most wonderful time in the LORD and a great opportunity to continue to see and hear the fruit of Pure Joy in the life of the team and the ladies in Costa Rica. God is soooooo FAITHFUL to HIMSELF!

Please continue to pray for our Venezuela missionaries and the Team that will be going to Venezuela. We have to lock in names and numbers by the end of this week. Pray that the team will be exactly as God desires and that every missionary that God intends to be at this retreat will be there!

Love you all much!

His,
vickie

No comments: