Monday, October 6, 2014

Ministry Work Day…

Last week I shared with you that the Tanzania team was going to have a work day on Saturday and we did. It is always so much fun to watch the ladies as they get to know each other in person for the first time. Four of our team members were not able to join us so we will have that fun again when we all come together at the Atlanta airport before leaving the country together.

Lots of little details were talked about and worked out for the trip.  We are right on course of where we need to be as a team before leaving the country. I’m totally excited about that. Also, I loved getting to watch the ladies get to know each other. I am going to have my hands full as a team leader! However, as I told them, their sweet submissive attitudes make me look like I know what I’m doing. Ha,ha,ha,ha! I am including some pictures of our time together.   

















Also, I am happy to share with you that we have had more missionary women sponsored since last week and we now only have 14 missionary women left to be sponsored. Thank you soooooo much for just listening to the LORD and for being a part of Pure Joy International. We really do believe God makes a difference in and through us and you for these ladies and their families overseas. Please remember to pray for me this week as I finish working on the messages I believe God would have me share in Dominican Republic next week. If He isn’t giving me the words to speak to them I have nothing of value to offer them. So pray hard!

There is a lot going on around us with the Ebola situation. Many people are asking us questions about leaving the country and heading to Africa even though it is in a different location than West Africa. We don’t take things lightly that are happening. But, that is also one reason we require our team members to know that they know as much as humanly possible that God has made it clear for them to be on the trip and that their husbands give full agreement to their going. We truly believe we are safer out of the country in God’s will than in the country out of Gods will. And we don’t pretend to understand all His ways and purpose. So, just continue to pray that we are sensitive to His leading all the time.

Hope everyone has a spirit-filled week. Next week I have asked one of our team members to share her experience with us about being a part of Pure Joy and the Tanzania trip. I’ll catch up with you when I get back from Dominican Republic.

Love you all.

His,
Vickie


No comments: