Monday, October 27, 2014

All Missionary Women for Tanzania Sponsored…

Thank you soooooo very much. Missionary women for Tanzania are all sponsored as of last Friday. Any money that comes in for Tanzania after today will be put toward sponsoring a missionary for our next trip out of the country.

Things are really moving here as we deal with the final details and last minute packing. I bought the last two trunks today. Packing next Monday and Tuesday night. And then we are off! The missionary women are so excited. Seriously, I can’t tell who is the most excited - us or them. But I can say that is some good energy to be walking in to no matter how you see it!

I want to share something with you today that may bring mixed emotions and thoughts from many of you. We don’t practice the ‘no talk rule’ in our ministry because we know it leads to dysfunction. And I don’t intend for us to practice the ‘no talk rule’ with you either.

The Ebola subject is a hot topic today for those that are involved in international travel. Several of our team members have been questioned about our traveling out of the U.S. especially to Tanzania, Africa. We as a ministry would never be ignorant of our responsibility to our missionary women and/or our families on this side of the world. Ebola is a serious issue on the table. But, so are the many other diseases that abound in countries around the world today.

If many of you recall we were desperately trying to get a team into Burkina Faso in September 2014 or February 2015. God continued to close those doors. I believe that God prevented us from ever being able to take care of the logistics of that trip because HE knew the Ebola outbreak would become more serious. (Burkina Faso is in the Western part of Africa.) On the other hand God has paved the way for our trip to Tanzania, Africa. There is not enough space in the blog to testify to His Hand on this trip. We know and believe with all our hearts we are to be there for those missionary women in two weeks. None of the team members have been “moved” to step down from the trip. And also please know if God told us as a ministry to shut it down the day we were leaving the country, we would do so. We trust His guidance! As I tell my family and so do many of the other team members tell theirs, “We are better off in Tanzania, Africa, in God’s will, than in the U.S. out of God’s will.” No matter what the outcome is. HE KNOWS!

So, as we head down this home stretch to leave the country on November 7, 2014, please lift us in prayer that we will continue to ‘keep walking’ and be wise to listen.

Luke 9:23-26 (ESV)
23 And he said to all, “If anyone would come after me, let him deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow me. 24 For whoever would save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for my sake will save it. 25 For what does it profit a man if he gains the whole world and loses or forfeits himself? 26 For whoever is ashamed of me and of my words, of him will the Son of Man be ashamed when he comes in his glory and the glory of the Father and of the holy angels.

Love you tons!!

His,
Vickie

1 comment:

msarcher said...

I'm only reading this blog post today, but Oct 27 was my birthday, what a gift to see all of us are sponsored to go! Thank you kind and generous people. I am a little nervous about going as this will be my first time away from my family, but I am also praying that God will really use it to bless and encourage me in our ministry here.
I can't thank you enough. A couple of weeks ago, I thought, "They won't come... ebola" It is so far away from us and it is completely true that if God wanted this trip to not go ahead, it wouldn't be going ahead. Safari njema ladies, I can't wait to be fellowshipping with you this time next week.