Thursday, March 21, 2013

Who knew...


Last Friday I woke up not feeling well. I know my body and knew it was not just a normal “not feeling well.” So I contacted the doctor, and on my way to discipleship with the girls, I got some medication. I have to be honest and say I'm sure I was of no use to them that day and left early to just come home and go to bed. I actually remained there for the entire weekend and Monday. My mom seems to think all my issues started when I mowed the yard without wearing a mask. In fact, she has reminded me of it more than once over the past few days, like moms do! All that is to say, I'm wearing the mask when I mow from now on even if that wasn't the cause! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ok, so maybe you get a little cranky when you don't feel well.

As I write this blog today, two women who are precious to me have become mothers this week. One of those moms is our friend and new intern here at Pure Joy International. Sara and her precious husband brought little Caleb into this world this week, and it was an incredible birth! The second of those moms is our friend and Pure Joy International board member. Even though both became moms this week, their stories are incredibly different. Our intern and her husband are a young couple, and this is their first child. Our board member and her husband are not as young a couple (smile). In fact, she and her husband were just getting prepared to have an empty nest pretty soon. They have two boys and two girls with the last girl soon to graduate. Last week our sweet Ruthie (board member) received some overwhelming news that a dear friend of theirs who had been battling breast cancer for the third time around was not going to overcome the cancer this time. She had six months to live. The other part of this story is that the friend with cancer had adopted a little girl 10 years ago. Who would take this little 10 year old? Ruthie believed she and her family were to take her. She and her husband, even though he had been out of the country, agreed along with their children to take the little girl to be part of their family.

Ruthie's dear friend did not have six months. She passed away this past weekend. Ruthie and her husband are new parents again to a healthy 10 year old. Our first mom prepared for nine months for that little guy to step out into this world. Our second mom has been preparing for well over 20 years with her four kids for this little one. Two moms, two stories, same God!!

Please remember to pray for both of these moms and their families. Please pray extra for the little 10 year old to not just adjust to a new environment (and praise God she already loves and knows Ruthie and her family). But, pray for her as she, as a 10-year-old girl, walks through the grieving process.
       

The Belize team is ready to go. Linda booked our tickets today!!! Belize, here we come! We had two more missionary women sign up this week. Everything is on track so far. Please remember to pray for the team as we get down to details now. Pray that more missionary women will hear about this opportunity and will register. And, as always, please pray about giving to support the missionary women who will be attending.

Love you guys!

His,
Vickie

No comments: