Thursday, March 14, 2013


Life . . .
As we walked into our Perspectives class this week, one of the ladies asked me how my week had been. As I began to share with her, it sounded like blah, blah, blah in my own head. At that point, I just stopped and said, "Life.” Life is what happened to me this past week, the same thing that happens to each and every one of us daily! Life happens.  
Sometimes it happens in great ways, or sometimes it happens in not so great ways. For instance:

Great
Not Great
The strawberry waffle I had for breakfast with whipped cream
My mom not feeling good
Seeing the smile of a baby first thing in the morning
Changing a dirty diaper
Friends that make your heart smile
People that make you crazy

You get my point. And while I'm at it, may I say to you after counseling people for 30 years, "Don't be deceived into thinking you wished your life was like so and so’s because they are probably wishing they had yours!" All that to say is that we are all doing "life" and sometimes it is better than at other times.
The thing that separates those who are continuing forward in life from those who aren't is simply this: JESUS! He is in us, for us, and, above all, He is "Real LIFE.” This world is NOT our home and we are truly just passing through. We are aliens, the Word tells us! So, when it's great, wonderful, joyful; or when it’s tough, hard, or discouraging, never lose sight of the truth that we are just passing through, and we want to take as many people with us as possible along the way! Thank You, Jesus!

Belize . . .

The Belize Team is rising up for all that God has for us next month in Belize! Once again, we are seeing God move on behalf of the team members and the missionaries who will be in attendance.

Here is an email I received from Meleah, one of our precious team members from Dominican Republic who will be joining us to give you an example of what God’s up to:

Vickie,

I wanted to let you know how the Lord has continued to confirm that I am being obedient in going to Belize. I have to admit I was a little apprehensive about raising support since I am a missionary that lives on 100% support. So, I was wondering where the additional $2000 would come from while not using any of our regular monthly support. The first time I touched base about this with Patty she said she had already received $300 towards my need. I was amazed because I hadn't even sent out a request yet. I sent a request out via email to our supporters on Friday. Within one hour, I had someone email me and say they would give $2000. I literally sat there with my mouth hanging open in awe of Him. His faithfulness never ceases to amaze me. I knew I had to let others be encouraged through this blessing so I sent out a 2nd email to my supporters and put a message on Facebook describing His faithfulness to His children. Since then, several people have told me they were so encouraged because they were in a financial situation as well and that this was a great display of how He will provide in His timing. So, Belize here I come.

In Awe of Him,
Meleah

We had three more missionaries sign up this past week, bringing our total to 11. We still have room for 39 missionary women. Please pray for others to hear about the retreat and for God to make provision for them to get to and from the retreat site. While we pay for their 4 day, 3 night hotel, meals, and materials, we do not pay for their travel to and from. If you are reading this and know a missionary who needs to be there, then please . . .  by all means . . .  pray for her travel expenses to be provided. God hears those prayers the same as He heard Meleah’s.

Love you guys!

His,
Vickie

No comments: