Tuesday, March 5, 2013

What's Your Name Again?

I hope this blog finds everyone having had a good weekend. I spent this past weekend at a retreat center in Bethany, Louisiana ministering to a great group of women who were from Central Baptist Church, Texarkana, Arkansas. Sweet time!!!

This morning while driving my mom to a doctor’s appointment, we noticed a state trooper had pulled someone over. (No, it wasn't me this time!) When we got to the car, I noticed that the trooper was probably a neighbor of ours. I said to my mom, “I think that was (blank).” I mean my mind went blank! Then I started running around in my mind searching for his name because it was in there . . . somewhere! It was almost on the tip of my tongue for Pete’s sake!! Time elapsed, but I was still trying to find it and spit it out! Finally, it came to me, and I shouted, “Brigham Jones!!!!!” Of course, my mom says, "What?" Because she had already left the world I was in five minutes ago!! You know, as I grow older I don't know if it's ok to still blame that on chemo treatments or on aging. I'm going with chemo until further notice!! Ha! Ha!

Belize is coming upon us sooner than I can even imagine! I have a major prayer request for all of you out there who know missionary women who are working in the Central American area who could benefit from 4 days and 3 nights of time provided to them at no cost, to refuel and get balanced again for their journey on the field. Get the word to them to go online and register. For those who aren't comfortable making the drive to Belize City, Belize on their own, pray that they will road trip with several other missionary women from their areas who could use a retreat. If you have a contact in that area, let me know. We so want to get the word out to them about this retreat!!

Praying you have a great week!

His,
Vickie

No comments: