Monday, July 6, 2009

Eye openers...

You know what those are don’t you? Those moments along the way in our lives when God allows us to hear something, observe something, read something, etc. that really puts life back into perspective. Well, this weekend I had one of those eye-opening moments.

Friday afternoon, before I left the office, I picked up a book that had been on my shelf for some time. But for whatever reason, (His Timing), I had not been drawn to it until then.

The book is on China as one of the last superpowers of the world before the great battle of Armageddon. I have hardly put the book down since I started reading it Friday night. I actually, spent all day on the fourth in my PJ’s with that book in my hand.

Now why the eye opening moment? Because weeks previous to this, there was this stuff going on in my home church that was depressing. You know how that is too. Home churches are like families, and if you have a family you have stuff along the way…same applies to our churches and both provide us an opportunity to grow!!!! The point….. !!

God reminded me that our missionary women and their families risk their lives in some of these foreign countries with the only desire, “to share the Good News of The Gospel”.

I was so challenged to look into my heart and see, do I desire to share the Good News every opportunity I have. Am I making opportunities? Truthfully, I used to have that heart beat, but somewhere a long the way I have been lured away from that desire. And I use the word lured because that is what the enemy does-- he lures us away from the sharing of the Gospel with lots of spiritual things!

Well, my eyes are ‘opened’ again, praise God!!! If yours aren’t “wake up my friend”!

Please pray for missionaries all over this world and remember you are one too! And don’t forget there is an enemy out there ready to lure all of us asleep. Let’s help keep each other awake on the watch!!

Please continue to pray for Pure Joy as the team prepares to go to an undisclosed location in the Middle East. Pray for the women who will attend. We already have women signed up and a waiting list. Pray God will have just the women He wants there.

If you want to be a part of giving to this retreat, please see the section on our home page that directs you to giving online or by mail.

Look for the opportunity to tell someone about Him today, and praise God we can do so without risking our lives--at least for this season, in America.

His,
vickie

No comments: