Monday, June 29, 2009

Hmmm...

As I write this blog this morning I am thinking about the 4th -6th grade Sunday school class that I teach with two other gentlemen. As the kids arrived yesterday morning, the topic of discussion among them was soooooo a reflection of the world. The topic was no doubt, Michael Jackson. They were also aware of the deaths of Farrah Fawcett and Ed McMahon. So, instead of interrupting their discussion I gave them a challenge. I said, who can give me three things you have learned about each one of these people over the weekend. They did a very good job which did let me know they were highly exposed to the media of it all. Ok, except for one of our fourth graders who wanted to share three things with us about "Water Fawcett". Certainly you can understand the child’s mistake. Ha,ha,ha,ha! They were all very proud of themselves and the knowledge they had attained during the past several days. Then I gave them this challenge. Tell me three things you know about Jesus - and you cannot repeat anything someone else has already said about Him. It was great to listen to them share the knowledge they had gleaned from those who have invested in their lives along the years. I am amazed at their ability to share what is in their heads. I long for those things to become heart issues for them.

Moms I share this with you to say, our children are taking in media at an incredible rate beyond our comprehension as adults! Please, KNOW what your children are being exposed to on a daily bases through media, teachers, family, peers, etc. Do you and your children KNOW as much about the man called JESUS as you do about the things of this world?

Thank you so much for your prayers last week as our precious Linda Roach, administrative assistant for the ministry, experienced a light heart attack and underwent testing. The testing revealed blockages that will be treated with medication! The Great Physician at work!!!

Pray for us at Pure Joy as we prepare for our trip in September to an undisclosed location. We are in the preparation process and need your prayers!

Also, pray as we are receiving more and more contacts from churches that want to get involved with Pure Joy. We are thanking and praising God for them!

His,

vickie

No comments: