Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Overwhelmed...

This week as I have read through my daily readings of the Chronological Bible I was taken by Tuesday’s reading from Psalm 69:1-3.   The reason being is because I get to hear so many people's hearts and see their struggles, like many of my peers in the counseling arena. If I had to put a word to how many people are 'feeling' today I would use the word, 'overwhelmed'.  If I had to put a word picture to it, it would be Psalm 69:1-3. 

Psalm 69:1-3 (ESV)
Save me, O God! For the waters have come up to my neck.   I sink in deep mire, where there is no foothold; I have come into deep waters, and the flood sweeps over me.  I am weary with my crying out; my throat is parched. My eyes grow dim with waiting for my God.

Psalm 69:1-3 (MSG)
God, God, save me! I'm in over my head, Quicksand under me, swamp water over me; I'm going down for the third time. I'm hoarse from calling for help, bleary-eyed from searching the sky for God.

Let me encourage you today.  If you are reading this saying, “that is so how I feel,” don't think for one second that there aren't people around you every day that aren't feeling the very same thing.  In fact, some of those people are your closest friends.  But just like they don't know you are feeling that way, you don't know they are.   The reason...we don't want to look unspiritual to each other like we are not trusting God.  So, we keep allowing the waters to rise up to our necks without asking for help.   And to top it off we try to get our footing on the things of this world instead of God our Rock.  Therefore, like David we feel like we are sinking in deep mire where there is nothing to stand on. If you relate to David's words in those first two verses, make sure you are relating to him in the last.   “He says, I'm weary with crying out.” Are you seeking God so intently in the situation that you are weary, your throat is sore from it?  Are you waiting on Him in desperation for help, deliverance, and strength?  Then don't let the enemy lie to you......HE will show up!  But you have a part...get honest with HIM.   I love that about King David!!  He spilled his guts to God!  He didn't color it up either! He was raw about his feelings about himself, his enemies, and God.  God loves authenticity!  He hears the cries of His children. 

Burkina Faso is straight ahead of us.  We are four months out with lots of preparation ahead of us.  If you are interested in being on this team contact me at vickie@purejoyinternational.org. Our dates are Sept.13-20, 2014.  Also if you know missionary women in that part of West Africa please began to make them aware.  I will announce when registration will open up online in the next month or so. 

There are lots of awesome things going on with the ministry as more churches and individuals get on board with what God is up to with Pure Joy.  If you want to know how to be involved, contact me at the email address previously given.

Love you all tons... Keep waiting...HE will show up!


His,Vickie

No comments: