Tuesday, April 15, 2014

On the Road again....

Just got back from Brunswick, GA. Spoke at Blythe Island Church there on the island. Sweet group of ladies. Each group of ladies decorated a table according to their choice. One of the groups even made decorative hats to go along with their table. Pretty fun! I've included a picture or two. It was fun to get to share with the ladies the word God placed on my heart and to share with them Pure Joy International in relationship to the Word. Thank you, Blythe Island Church, for a sweet time! Next week I head to Austin to visit with some ladies from that area. Can't wait to see what God is up to there.
























This past week as I flew to Jacksonville, FL to be picked up by Julie, the pastor’s wife and my friend, I could not help but think of the individuals and families of the people on the Malaysian plane that has been missing for so many weeks now. I thought of the passengers on that plane as I looked at all the individuals on my flight. I wondered about their thoughts and fears and suffering. I thought about all the family members that need and want closure even though they know the inevitable - kids that lost parents, parents that lost kids, etc. Then my mind shifted to the youth that were stabbed by the young male student that went on a rage with a knife in the hallways of the Pennsylvania high school just the day before I flew out. This is not to mention the many other senseless crimes that continue to grip our nation and world. I want to call it what it is..."evil". God's Word is clear to us that we do not war against flesh and blood! Paul says it the very best…

Ephesians 6:10-20 (ESV)
Finally, be strong in the Lord and in the strength of his might. Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the schemes of the devil.  For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the cosmic powers over this present darkness, against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly places.  Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand firm. Stand therefore, having fastened on the belt of truth, and having put on the breastplate of righteousness, and, as shoes for your feet, having put on the readiness given by the gospel of peace.  In all circumstances take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming darts of the evil one; and take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God, praying at all times in the Spirit, with all prayer and supplication. To that end keep alert with all perseverance, making supplication for all the saints, and also for me, that words may be given to me in opening my mouth boldly to proclaim the mystery of the gospel, for which I am an ambassador in chains, that I may declare it boldly, as I ought to speak.

You can truly become overwhelmed by all that we 'see and hear' that goes on around us. It can seem too difficult for you to make a difference.  The evil one wants you to think that in your marriages, families, churches, ministries, jobs and community. DON'T LOOK OUT across the horizon! LOOK UP to the ONE AND ONLY Who makes the difference! Many years ago a song came out by Chris Rice titled "Go Light Your World". The key word here is "Your". No one person is going to "Light" the whole world!! Even Jesus, while He is the Light of the World, didn't do it alone. He had 12 disciples and now every believer since then. He is using us to 'light' the world around us that we influence. Have you considered your realm of influence for the things of God? How would those closest to you say the lighting is?

I'm suspecting that some of us in the body of Christ could use a bulb check! Some of us are shorting out between the bulb and the source (Jesus)! Just saying. Also, if you haven't really taken to heart the words of Paul from Ephesians 6:10-20 lately, please do. Meditate on it!

Love you all ...

His,
Vickie







No comments: