Wednesday, March 19, 2014

REGISTRATION FOR TANZANIA RETREAT OPENS .....

We have opened registration for our Tanzania retreat.  Last week I was already receiving
emails from missionary women that were interested in signing up.  So pray that the
word continues to spread among the women there regarding the retreat!
For those of you who know a missionary woman that is serving in Tanzania or
surrounding areas and countries, please pass the following information on to them.

Dates:  November 12-15, 2014
Location of Retreat:  Kunduchi Beach Hotel & Resort
                                  Dar es Salaam, Tanzania

Theme: "I Shall Not Be Moved"
 Verse:   Psalm 62:6

The retreat is for missionary women serving outside their country of origin (must be
English speaking).  You may register at www.purejoyinternational.org   Click on
Retreats and follow the instructions.

Hope everyone had a great weekend!  It’s been forever since I’ve been able to make it
to my home church two weekends in a row!  I'm so thankful for that and shooting for a
third weekend.  Pastor is doing a study on the book of Jonah this month.  I am always
interested to watch how someone 'mines' the gold of different books and passages.

Please pray for me as I will be on the road more and more as I meet with church
Pastors, Missions Directors, and Women's Ministry leaders to encourage them to come
alongside us in prayer, gifting, giving and going.  

Food for thought this week.....When is the last time you actually bowed the knee before
the LORD?  The LORD isn't going to come at you like a football coach who, in a firm
tone says, " drop and give me 20".   But He does love us enough to allow us to reach
the point to fall on our knees before Him in humbleness of heart.  However, I suspect it
gives Him Great Joy when we come just because He is so incredible and awesome that
we can't not fall to our knees in thanksgiving and praise.

For one week try this little exercise:  Bow the knee before going to bed and first thing
when you get up in the morning.  I'm not suggesting a prayer dissertation.  I'm
suggesting something as simple as saying, “Good morning, LORD” or “Goodnight,
LORD.”   Maybe just bowing for a second with no words.  Sometimes the act of bowing
the knee reflects to us the state of our heart better than anything else..

Love you All,

His,
Vickie

No comments: