Thursday, March 6, 2014

God is Truthful.....

It’s been said, "I'm not upset that you lied to me, I'm upset that from now on I can't believe you."

Wow! Isn't that a powerful quote?  It is really so true.  It isn't so much the lie but the breakdown in trust that takes place.  I have observed and counseled people through the journey of reestablishing trust and it is a painful if not impossible journey at times. 

Early in my relationship with the LORD, my spiritual mom had me memorize this verse;

Numbers 23:19 (ESV)
God is not man, that he should lie, or a son of man, that he should change his mind. Has he said, and will he not do it? Or has he spoken, and will he not fulfill it?

The reason being is that she wanted me to rightly know where to place my trust, in God and the things of God alone.  Another verse I have hidden in my nugget bag along the way to accompany this teaching about trust is Isaiah 2:22 because it reminds me again that man is human and God is the One to count on.

Isaiah 2:22 (ESV)
Stop regarding (trusting) man in whose nostrils is breath, for of what account is he?

So I learned God is truthful.  He is Truth. Therefore, I could always trust His Word and His ways even when I didn't and/or don't understand.

Deuteronomy 32:4 (ESV)
The Rock, his work is perfect, for all his ways are justice. A God of faithfulness and without iniquity, just and upright is he.

Psalm 33:4 (ESV)
For the word of the LORD is upright, and all his work is done in faithfulness.

John 17:17 (ESV)
Sanctify them in the truth; your word is truth.

Isaiah 25:1 (ESV)
O LORD, you are my God; I will exalt you; I will praise your name, for you have done wonderful things, plans formed of old, faithful and sure.

My dear ones I challenge you today to evaluate where you place your trust.  God or man?

Love you all!

His,
Vickie

No comments: