Tuesday, December 10, 2013

God's Faithfulness...

God is always true to His Promises.  He can never draw back from His promises of blessing or of judgment.  Since He cannot lie, He is totally steadfast to what He has spoken. 
                                                                                        
Deuteronomy 7:9 (ESV)
Know therefore that the LORD your God is God, the faithful God who keeps covenant and steadfast love with those who love him and keep his commandments, to a thousand generations

Psalm 89:1-5 (ESV)
I will sing of the steadfast love of the LORD, forever; with my mouth I will make known your faithfulness to all generations.  For I said, “Steadfast love will be built up forever; in the heavens you will establish your faithfulness.” You have said, “I have made a covenant with my chosen one; I have sworn to David my servant: ‘I will establish your offspring forever, and build your throne for all generations.’” Selah.  Let the heavens praise your wonders, O LORD, your faithfulness in the assembly of the holy ones!

Lamentations 3:22-24 (ESV)
The steadfast love of the LORD never ceases; his mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. “The LORD is my portion,” says my soul, “therefore I will hope in him.”

1 Corinthians 10:13 (ESV)
No temptation has overtaken you that is not common to man. God is faithful, and he will not let you be tempted beyond your ability, but with the temptation he will also provide the way of escape, that you may be able to endure it.

1 Thessalonians 5:23-24 (ESV)
Now may the God of peace himself sanctify you completely, and may your whole spirit and soul and body be kept blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.  He who calls you is faithful; he will surely do it.

I count on this attribute of God's character!  He is Faithful!  He cannot lie! I love that I can trust Him! I may not always like what His word has to say and/or understand it but I can trust that He will be faithful to His promises and all He has said.

Because of my counseling ministry I am very aware that many individuals live their lives disappointed to the point of being embittered because they have been exposed to the unfaithfulness of another.  That could come in the form of a spouse, child, church leader/member, boss, friends, etc.   Yet, God warned us in His Word ....

Psalm 118:8 (ESV)
It is better to take refuge in the LORD than to trust in man.

Isaiah 2:22 (ESV)
Stop regarding man in whose nostrils is breath, for of what account is he?

My precious ones, He is faithful!  There are only two possible choices when it comes to where we place our faith (trust).  We will either have to choose God or man (self/others). Our God is Faithful!  Man, no matter how wonderful that person may be, will eventually let you down somewhere and/or somehow because we are only human. 

Today, if you are harboring bitterness towards someone that has been unfaithful intentionally or unintentionally to you ......please dethrone them.  They are not God.  Then trust God the Faithful One to help you learn how to forgive and let go of the bitterness.  Reconcile if possible and where that is not possible let go and move on.  God has a plan for your life and His kingdom!

Love you all...

His,
Vickie

No comments: