Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Moving On...

As many of you are aware, my spiritual dad went to be with the LORD Sunday July 21, 2013.  We finally laid his body to rest at a military graveside service in Luling, Texas Monday. I am reminded of a quote I read recently "Moving on doesn't mean you forget about things. It just means you accept what has taken place and continue living."  My spiritual dad will always be a part of everything about me and, because of that, the greatest honor to be paid him is to continue living and serving the LORD whole heartedly all the days of my life. Thanks, Wilbur, for being a living testimony!                              

Therefore, let's move on and see where we are with our North East Asia retreat. As of today (Tuesday) we have 39 women registered. I am so excited about this turn out for the women in that area of the world. I know that the need is so high for them to be encouraged! The following note from  one of our girls from Dominican Republic along with a donation for the missionary women in North East Asia says so much  about why we do what we do -

 "This isn't a big amount for now but last year while I was a missionary living in the Dominican you all blessed my heart and renewed it completely....just want to be able to start returning the blessing!!!  God bless all of you for blessing us missionary women and bringing us renewal....will keep you all in prayer for always!!!”

The impact God brings to these women in the short time we are with them never ceases to amaze me. I believe the effect is because every aspect of each retreat is laid before Him in daily prayer and preparation to make sure we are bringing His presence and not our own.
Please continue to pray as we have 11 slots open before we start our wait list. Also, continue to seek the LORD regarding giving. We have 30 women sponsored as of this writing so we need sponsorship of 20 more. Please allow God to speak clearly to you about giving.

Remember our theme is "He Sees". Pray that God shows us as a team preparing to go out all that "He Sees" that these women need regarding messages, worship, fellowship, counsel, etc.
Love you all and always enjoy hearing your thoughts about the blog and encouragement as well. 

Thank you for loving this ministry along with us here at Pure Joy International.

His,
Vickie

No comments: