Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Hmmmmm...


This past week Jan, our editor, forwarded me some thought provoking information. At least I felt like it was thought provoking. The following scenario is just one of the humorous comments in the article. "The second mouse gets the cheese.” Now I don't have a clue who thought of that truth, but that is funny. I don't care who you are! (Unless you were the first mouse. Ha, ha!) Why? Because the first mouse is dead in the trap by his neck!!!!

Seriously, I have asked myself how many times in my life have I been the first mouse. Over the years I think I have probably developed a little bit more patience than I had in the past, and of course I want to believe I am not that first mouse so much of the time anymore. God's word has a lot to say about not being the first mouse, but He uses the term "wait" instead of being the first mouse.

Psalm 27:14 (ESV)
Wait for the LORD; be strong, and let your heart take courage; wait for the LORD!

Psalm 31:24 (ESV)
Be strong, and let your heart take courage, all you who wait for the LORD!

Psalm 33:20 (ESV)
Our soul waits for the LORD; he is our help and our shield.

Psalm 37:7 (ESV)
Be still before the LORD and wait patiently for him; fret not yourself over the one who prospers in his way, over the man who carries out evil devices!

Psalm 38:15 (ESV)
But for you, O LORD, do I wait; it is you, O Lord my God, who will answer.

Psalm 40:1 (ESV)
I waited patiently for the LORD; he inclined to me and heard my cry.

Psalm 62:1 (ESV)
For God alone my soul waits in silence; from him comes my salvation.

Psalm 62:5 (ESV)
For God alone, O my soul, wait in silence, for my hope is from him.

Proverbs 8:34 (ESV)
Blessed is the one who listens to me, watching daily at my gates, waiting beside my doors.

Isaiah 30:18 (ESV)
Therefore the LORD waits to be gracious to you, and therefore he exalts himself to show mercy to you. For the LORD is a God of justice; blessed are all those who wait for him.

Belize update: Missionary women are signing up and finances are coming in! Yeah, God. We have ten missionary women sponsored as of this writing so, there are only 40 more women to go! Keep that support coming! Also, continue to pray as the team works out all the details of what God has in store for the missionary women, the team, and the local churches that are journeying with us!

Love you all.

His,
Vickie

No comments: