Thursday, February 14, 2013

Excitement in My Heart...


We opened up registration for our Belize trip Tuesday of this week. We already have four missionary women signed up as I write this blog. As my ministry staff would say, I am getting in retreat mode! I love watching the registrations come in for me to learn about the ladies and their ministries. Also, I love knowing that God is answering our prayers to bring each missionary woman, for He knows their needs, and the team members to minister to those needs.

The team is also coming together as well. Those of us on the team in the Conway, Arkansas area had a sweet prayer time this past Monday night as we prayed for the Belize retreat and all the different aspects of the trip. I want to encourage you to continue to pray for the trip and to continue to give towards the trip. Pray, as well, for how God would have you be involved in other ways that maybe we haven't even thought of.

Well, Patty and I continue our Perspectives Class, which is totally changing our perspective on how we read God's Word. So far, we have learned from the following topics: Our God is a Missionary God, the Story of His Glory, His Kingdom Come, and a Mandate for the Nations. I cannot emphasize enough what a great class this is. Find one near you and sign up!

My mom just got back from Houston where she spent a couple of weeks with my brother and sister-in-law. When she is there, she gets to see and catch up on all the grandchildren and great grandchildren. These two stories are worth sharing for a good laugh. My niece (her granddaughter Krystal) lives in Andrews, Texas and has five boys ages 8 months to 10 years old (pray for her . . . ha, ha!). She has home schooled the three oldest up until this year. Because they are going to a school now, some interesting entertainment has been provided with some of the things the boys bring home to share. Recently, Brice the oldest (10 years) came home telling his mom that a girl at school had asked him if they could be boyfriend and girlfriend. His mom explained to him that he was too young to have a girlfriend and that being girlfriend and boyfriend was a serious thing. She suggested he write the girl a note and tell her. He informed his mom that he would just talk to her. This was what he told the little girl. "We are too young to be boyfriend and girlfriend. Being girlfriend and boyfriend is serious and for people that are going to get married and I'm too young to get married.” The little girl asked, “Then can we just be friends?" You’ve got to love that story and know that made a momma proud. However, her delight was probably x'ed out when Sam (the middle child) accompanied his momma to lunch recently, and a pretty girl walked by the table. Sam looked at his mom and said, “She is sooooooooooooooo pretty.” “What did you say?” his mom asked? He said, “I said, ‘she is soooooooooooooo pretty.’” His mom asked him, “Where did you learn that?” “Tom and Jerry!” he said and went on to say, “It makes me feel so remantic.” “Do you mean, ‘romantic’?” his mom asked. “Yes, that's it!” he said. Yes, kids do say the darnedest things!

Love you all! Keep praying.

His,
Vickie

No comments: