Sunday, October 28, 2012

Day 9 Prague and 10 Amsterdam,...


Greetings from Amsterdam! The team is on our way home. By the time our families
get this blog we may be at the house with you.

Our last day with the missionary women was so awesome. Bonnie led us out in worship
and Janet and I brought the final words to them regarding “Standing in the Gap”. I can
promise you because of God, not because of man, that hearts were touched and refreshed
this week for kingdom work. On a personal level it was something I have needed for
several months.

One thing became clear this week…many of us are weary. One of the things I shared
with the group the first night was how I was desperately trying to find God’s rhythm in
the middle of my ‘new normal’ stage of my life right now. Many of you know my niece
and her 3 ½ month son live with us. Nothing has been normal since then……..
Quiet time doesn't happen at the normal time, breakfast doesn't, walking is gone for now,
etc. It is really crazy. I love my niece and great nephew so much, but as you know life
changes when there is a baby on the scene. That is my ‘new normal’ as Jana from our
Sunday school class calls it. And sometimes it can make you weary. Thursday Kristy
brought me a card with Matthew 11:28-30 on it from the message bible. You absolutely
have to love God’s Word and even if you don’t like different translations this one spoke
to us this week.

Are you tired? Worn out? Burned out on religion? Come to me. Get away with me and
you’ll recover your life. I’ll show you how to take a real rest. Walk with me and work
with me-watch how to do it. Learn the unforced rhythms of grace. I won’t lay anything
heavy or ill-fitting on you. Keep Company with me and you’ll learn to live freely and
lightly. Matthew 11: 28-30 TMSG

I want to thank everyone that touched those ladies lives with your giving, gifts, cards,
prayers, etc. They were so in awe of your graciousness and willingness to give above and
beyond and you don’t even know them face to face. We too, at Pure Joy International
feel the same way. While we know some of you, we really don’t know face to face so
many of you that have been led of God to be a part of this growing ministry. Thank you
for giving those of us that ‘go’ the ability to go so that we together are fulfilling God’s
word in Heb. 3:11 that tells us to encourage one another daily.

Keep a watch on the blog as I go back to finishing up our journey on ‘Stopping the Chaos
in the Family’. Also keep an eye out for upcoming dates and trips and let me know if you
believe God is calling you and or your church to be a part of any of those trips.

Love you much
His,
Vickie

1 comment:

Stacy said...

Are you ladies home? Are you stuck in Amsterdam? Oh, I hope you made it home!!!!

Stacy Dyck