Sunday, May 27, 2012

Dominican Republic - Saturday

Today (Saturday) was our last day with the ladies! The worship and messages were God’s ending for the book He begin writing for this group over 6 months ago! They have been writing the last chapter this past 4 days and will continue to write sequels as they go forth and pour into the lives of other women here and equip them to Live and Tell the Good News of Jesus Christ!! He changes our lives!!!

Haiti girls, I hope you all made it safely home but of course it gave me great joy to sit and visit with you that extra time. Karen C., you keep the rest of us single women posted on your life and what God is up to and if we need to get a copy of that book! Ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha

Deborah C., my mom is going to crack up when I tell her the story of that card for the gift bag! Jami M., you better make sure you write me when the name of that precious little girl is finally announced!

And for all the rest of you, we had so much fun at dinner reflecting back over conversations and laughter and things shared even from the team. Lisa would like to remind us ALL what is said in Dominican Republic stays in DR! ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha

We will have some pictures up for you all soon on the web site. I will send you a note letting you know when.

Thank you for your hearts, your worship, your fellowship, and all the fun, and let me say this in closing…We are impressed with YOU “NOW”!!

Please so thank your husbands for sharing you with us this week. To the single ladies, the same to your ministries for sharing you.  You all have given us Great Joy!!

To all that have prayed us through this week you will NEVER know the battle you have done on the team and missionaries behalves. And we literally could ‘feel’ the prayers!

Alli, Faith shared with us how quickly you went to work putting some of the communication stuff into application! WE LAUGHED OUR HEADS OFF!!! Please, when Erin gets the Face Book page set up for you all….you MUST SHARE THAT STORY!!!

We love you all and all our Friends of Pure Joy! Also, one last word…Thank you sooooooo much to those of you that came and gave myself and several other team members money to PAY IT FORWARD to sponsor a missionary women for the Prague Czech Republic Trip coming up in Oct! That makes my heart SMILE!!!

Love you all,

His,
Vickie

1 comment:

Karen and Dan Speciale said...

Dear Pure Joy Ladies,

Words can not express the level of gratitude, awakening and joy that my spirit feels. I can tell you that the Lord has already done some awesome things and my week has just begun. Thank you Vicki for the love you have for your people group and thank you to the other ladies for their heart of service. I will be talking about Pure Joy to everyone I know. There are many people who are trying to figure out what is a worthy cause to get connected with and I can testify that this retreat was life changing.

PS Kathy I am praying for you. After ready your bio again at home I now know why the Lord made you my prayer partner.

In Christ Alone,
Karen Speciale

PSs Please thank the lady that made the necklaces with the buttons. She needs a "speciale" shout out from me.