Monday, October 17, 2011

Headed to Peru and Burning Bridges...

Five days and we are headed to Peru to encourage our sisters in Christ as they follow God’s calling on their lives to serve Him in that area of the world.  To say we are getting excited would be an understatement! 

As you know I have been in the process of closing down my counseling office in Morrilton, AR in obedience to His direction to get on the road regarding Pure Joy International.  Last week I began going through and moving a few things to storage, and over the weekend I had an office garage sale.  By 3:00 p.m. Saturday, all the things I had accumulated from 30 years of counseling and church ministries of Christian Ed, and Evangelism were gone.  I have a few items to take to storage but the office officially shut down Saturday.  As I was going through one of my old journals last week, God really spoke to me through one sentence out of an excerpt of “His Utmost for His Highest” I had referenced in my daily writing.  The sentence simply said, “burn your bridges behind you”.   Isn’t it funny that one line could speak so boldly?  In my spirit God ministered to me deeply…Burn them all.  I used every one of them to get you to this moment and time in your life, so leave them and journey with Me in this new direction I have for your life.  Trust Me. Rest in it.  Then yesterday in my Sunday school class (I absolutely love my SS class!), we had a missionary visiting from Africa.  Now I know for most people in our class it was a missionary visiting from Africa but for me it was much more!  Why?

Because at the end of the SS hour Larry, our teacher, asked Adu Boahene and me to come stand up front for the class to surround us to pray for us.  Larry asked Adu to pray for me in his native tongue in preparation for me leaving for Peru on Saturday.  It was sooooooo sweet.  Then Steve prayed for Adu as we surrounded him.  That whole scene was like a “kiss on the cheek” from God to me affirming the ministry of Pure Joy International going forward and the plans He has for me!

In closing, I want to encourage all of you that are not getting this through email to subscribe today because we will be using the blog to update you while we are in Peru.

Also, we have a big praise!  We are down to only 3 more missionary women that need sponsorship.  So if God has been speaking to your heart to give and you have been putting it off, you can do that from the blog home page, www.purejoyinternational.blogspot.com, where we have set up an easy Donate button that is designated for the Peru Trip.

I love you guys and can’t wait to share with you daily all that God will be doing as we head to Lima, Peru!  Keep the missionary women and the team in your prayers daily that we will all know the love of God in an incredible way through Affirmation, Challenge, and Conviction.

Bridgeless, Standing on Solid Ground!

His,
Vickie

No comments: