Thursday, October 27, 2011

Day 4 Peru...

On Tuesday I allowed the team to sleep in and do whatever they needed to do until 12:00. As you can imagine several them got up early enough to go shopping again! Ha,ha,ha,ha  This place was kind of Peru’s version of a Wal-mart.  It is called Wong.

Everyone else just kind of hung around the hotel and did stuff they needed to get done.  At lunch we went to an eatery across the street and guess what they served….You got it chicken and fries.  And yes some even had it on a stick this time too.  However it was a real kabob and had some vegetables to go with it. 

After lunch we kicked it into gear.  Penny got us organized to go through all the trunks and get everything read for each day of the retreat.  We had activity going on in four different rooms, it was awesome!!  We will be able to get into our conference rooms first thing in the morning and then we most likely won’t breathe again until late Saturday afternoon.  Bring on the prayers!!!!!!  But before we get serious I need to share something with you to funny to pass up. 

Ok, so I have to tell you about the Alien Space ship in my room.  Linda, our Administrative Asst., has figured out that if she can get me into a suite it works well for putting all the trunks in one place and is best for all the counseling I do during free times.  Saturday night when we arrived I came into the door to the outer room with a couch, end tables and lamps, into the bedroom area with a king bed, desk, etc. etc.  Then out of the corner of my eye I saw blue lights.  I turned to look in the direction it was coming from and it was my bathroom.  I walked into the bathroom and lo and behold my shower looks like an alien spaceship, no kidding!!!  I went into the hall and said, “You guys have got to see this.”  (If you get the blog via email the photo may not show up but you can go to the blog site here to see it.)

It took me forever to figure out what knob to turn to get water.  I was afraid to touch anything.  Then I finally found a knob that when I turned it on the water came down directly over my head, interesting.  Then I found a knob that turned on a hand held shower head.  Beyond that I was afraid to push or touch anything.  So, I have been content to just be able to get a shower from it all.  However, it is obvious that it has a Jacuzzi to it, and a bunch of other water sprayers running all over the place, and then there is the radio, and a foot box that has rollers on it that water goes through somehow, and who knows what else.  I’m serious it is Wild!  Ruth decided she is going to come in and use the Jacuzzi.  Of course after 10 minutes she has figured out she doesn’t know what knobs to turn or touch either. By now several other team members have entered the launching pad of the spaceship.  It really was so humorous!!!!!  I finally realize that I will not be getting to go to bed unless we figure this out so I step into the spaceship tennis shoes and all and decide to just go for it.  The first knob I turn turns on 3 to 4 different sprayers that shoot plum out of the spaceship into the opposite wall!  We are all cracking up with laughter.  Realizing I was in danger I decided to seek help from the front desk.  I walked out of my room just in time to see a young man that worked the front desk or door.  I asked him if he could come to my room.  Remember I don’t speak Spanish so I was actually doing sign language while guiding him with a hand on his elbow.  Imagine his surprise when he walked into the launch pad area with several other women present.  We somehow got him to understand that we didn’t understand how to work the spaceship.  I left to go back out in the hall for something but when I came back the gentleman was standing outside the spaceship with the women laughing and he was just a tad bit wet!

He had turn on the knob while in the spaceship that released the water from directly over head!  Can’t believe I missed that!  When it was all said and done we knew nothing!  Finally Ruth did figure out how to turn on the water to fill the tub and how to turn on the jets.  By this time it was late.  I told her I was going to bed and said, “When you get out of there just close the door behind you on the way out.”  Less then 15 min. goes by and she comes walking out.  I said, “I can’t believe you went to all that trouble tonight to just stay in there 15 min.”  She said, “Well, I closed my eyes and when I opened them the bubbles where up to my eyes.” What! I said.  Yeah, she said, don’t ever put bubble bath/shampoo soap in your hot tub.  I’m thinking, Really! They were finally gone in the morning when I took my shower.  Did I ever tell you not to let me leave the country with some people! Ha, ha, ha
On Tuesday night we closed out our time of fun things as a team by attending a meal at a restaurant that included a dinner buffet and a spectacular show of Peruvian dance, music and folklore. 
Please pray for us as we change gears going in to the retreat on Wednesday. The women will begin showing up around 12:30 p.m.  We can’t wait and God has such a time of refreshing planed for them!  Thank you again to all of you for praying, supporting and going when it comes to Pure Joy International.  I love telling the ladies about your hearts!
Lifting Off, ha,ha,ha

His,
Vickie

No comments: