Monday, September 19, 2011

Don't be stupid!

As I write these words to you I am sitting on the side of the road on I-40 waiting for my mom to bring me some gas. When I first realized I had run out of gas, I started looking for all the spiritual reasons for why this happened, what God is trying to tell me, etc. And I could come up with some very spiritual reasons and do believe God speaks to us through our circumstances. However, God did give me a brain and the ability to use it! The warning signal for the gas gage went off 18 miles ago. Hmmmm, I skipped the next exit because "I" thought I can make it to the next town. But then I got side tracked listening to the Praise and Worship music that Nikki is putting together for Peru and did not get off at the next town and there you have it! Stupidity!

Ok, so as not to continue in a mode of stupidity, I just remembered that my hair stylist lives in the next town. I called her to come help me so my mom wouldn't have to make the 40 minute drive. Since I am waiting, I might as well go ahead and add a few spiritual thoughts to the situation! “Why miss an opportunity,” I say!

You know...we kind of do this with God in our lives at times when we are off track or involved in something we shouldn't be, or we just aren't taking time for Him. He is such a Gentleman. He will give us a warning just like that gage gave me a warning so we can address the situation before it gets out of hand, before we end up with a consequence we don't like. But in the same way I ignored the warning signal in the car, we ignore the warning signals of the Holy Spirit! And then there we are to deal with the consequences. I regret I didn't take action when I received that warning, but no matter my regret I'm still sitting on the side of this Interstate. Remember I said God is a Gentleman. He isn't out to humiliate us, embarrass us or shame us. He gently tries to get our attention before regrets and/or consequences, but He loves us enough to stop us in our tracks to get our attention. Is there an area in your life that He has given you a warning in? Don't end up sitting on the side of the Interstate! But if you are sitting there in life right now, call a friend!! We need each other!!

Peru is closing in and we are all getting so excited!!! Please continue to give!!!! We have just over half of the 50 missionaries sponsored!! Yeah, God!!!!

I love you guys,
Reporting live on location from I-40 (ha ha)

His,
Vickie

No comments: