Tuesday, March 9, 2010

It's a TRASH CAN!

Ok, so this morning in my One Year Bible as I was reading the Psalm for today I really started looking at what David had to say in this Psalm. It is Psalm 51. Many of you are probably like me in that you have read it many times, heard messages on it and have taken great hope from David’s cry to the Father because we can so relate. So, when I got to the office, I started pouring over Charles Spurgeon's, "The Treasury of David" regarding this psalm. Wow! Some really powerful insight he has on this. But, before I could transfer any thoughts on this to you, I had clients and lunch and the day started slipping by. My last appointment was a home visit with a precious family. When I got back to the office, I went to unload the trash I had carried in from the house at lunch to put in our dumpster can. The business next door and I share the cost of the trash services.

Well, let me tell you what - somebody had taken our trash dumpster can! I went next door to the ladies and before I could say anything they said, “Someone has taken our trash can”. Ok, so I really just couldn’t even believe it. Please, it is a trash can. I know this doesn’t sound nice but I told the ladies I would like to knock a knot on somebody’s head. Well, while I was whining to Trash Services to get a new trash can, the Word that I had spent so much time on from the Psalm came to my mind, “mercy”. Hmmmmm I could not see why I really needed to have “mercy” on the trash can thief but I know the Holy Spirit brought that word right up in my spirit. So, honestly, for now, I’m going to let the intellectual part of my brain think truth and step out in an attitude of “mercy”. But, I suspect my emotions may take a day or so. Pray I don’t see that trash can in front of anyone’s house or business for at least 24 hours.

His,
vickie

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Something we think is pretty low can cause BIG iritation to us, but even the worst of the worst
need(s, ed) God's mercy.