Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Gold! The best of the best in this World...

Well, I don’t know about you but I spent a lot of time watching the Olympics these past two weeks. I am absolutely in awe of how the athletes train and prepare themselves for the games. What discipline! I can remember some of those days ahhh about 30 years ago in my own life when playing sports.

Did you know that God has made it clear to us that there is something worth more than “Gold” that He would have us all take note of? Listen to these words from Proverbs 3:13-15……

Blessed Is the One Who Finds Wisdom
13 Blessed is the one who finds wisdom,
and the one who gets understanding,
14 for the gain from her is better than gain from silver
and her profit better than gold.
15 She is more precious than jewels, and nothing you desire can compare with her.


Preparation for the Olympians helped many of them reach their goal of “Gold”. I wonder how many of God’s children are determined to reach the highest level of preparation we can function at, as we enter the Heavenly Stadium. Please don’t misunderstand. We enter the gate through the acceptance of the completed work of Jesus Christ's death on the cross and His resurrection. But, the shape we are in as we enter has everything to do with how we have sought His Wisdom through His Word and the Holy Spirit as we run the race on this earth.

May we as your children Lord, discipline ourselves to find wisdom and get understanding from your Word and Holy Spirit as we put our feet on the floor each and everyday! And may we be prepared to enter the Heavenly Stadium carrying the banner of Christ! Amen!

Yesterday, I spend part of the day with a precious missionary friend. I am so reminded of the importance of the ministry of Pure Joy and the friendships it establishes between the women on the field and here at home!

Don’t forget to let me know if you would like for me to come speak to your ladies in your church. I am looking forward to speaking to several church groups in the next several months. Pray for me as God directs me in His Word for those that will be spoken over.

Remember Pure Joy in your prayers, giving and going as always! And I encourage you to pray over all things concerning giving and going whether it is with this ministry or another. “Let the peace of Christ rule in your life!”

His,
vickie

1 comment:

Pati Nanni said...

beautifull blog! i like this, as Cristian we need discipline! thx for share it. blessings =)