Monday, August 17, 2009

It's Monday...

Hope this finds everyone having had a good weekend. School is getting back in the swing around here and for many of you it has already started.

My precious niece informed us that this year she was going with the “hippie style” of clothing. To which my mom and I had a quiet chuckle between us. "Miss Stylish of America" going “hippie” yeah, right. My sister took the first round of buying clothes for the school year. Best we can figure out she got several pairs of jeans and some blouses. However, we never heard the term bell bottom or tie-dyed. Makes you wonder doesn’t it.

This weekend my mom and I are going to visit my niece and Nana gets her shot at buying clothes for "Miss Stylish of America" that is going “hippie”. Personally, I will do what I always do when the two of them shop together, find the nearest coffee shop and a book. I love shopping with them!

Would love to hear some of your back to school moments. It is always so much fun to watch the preparation of it all!

Let’s do remember all our children who are attending public, private, and home school this year and pray for their salvation, spiritual growth, and protection from the influences of this world!

Changing topics, our Middle East trip is around the corner. Please remember us in prayer. We will be packing on the 31st and we need everything to fit in those trunks and make it through to the other side. We still have over 25 missionary women who need to be sponsored so please, if you feel led of the Lord, jump on board and make a donation towards this trip.

I have given the Team that is going to the Middle East our word for the trip. It is "Behold Him!" That is my prayer -- that we will "Behold Him" in every shape, form, and fashion! May you also desire that in your hearts.

His,
vickie

1 comment:

Kathy said...

Hey Vick - Thanks for reminding everyone to pray for the schools and the kids. We had a Back-To-School Prayer time today at East Side Baptist - IT WAS AWESOME!!! And you asked for a back to school memory....my new 6th grade teacher had been a missionary to Africa....she was VERY STRICT!!! So one day I decided to wear shorts to school and see what would happen. Oh dear, my teacher was so upset....you see SHORTS WERE DEFINITELY NOT ALLOWED!!! So she called my mom and she came to get me and I had to change. My parents didn't know I had pulled this stunt.....and it is so cool that I have had the privilege of making up for this stunt by ministering to missionary women in Costa Rica and Venezuela. Ha!!! I wonder where my 6th grade teacher is today!! I'm sure she will always remember me....this probably isn't the kind of story you had in mind....love you - and praying for Pure Joy's next trip - "Lord, please provide for EVERY missionary!" Bless you - kathy