Monday, August 10, 2009

"Emotional Kate Gosselin: Why I still wear my ring??"

Kate Gosselin is the reality mom of Kate and Jon plus eight. As I read this headline on the yahoo news page I thought of my own headline for the past 4 weeks...

Hormonal Vickie Arruda: Why I am just glad to get a ring on my swollen hands ...

Ok, so today I made it in to see my oncologist for my six month check up. Praise God I am officially 3 years clear of cancer as of this month. I am also clear of everything else due to my hysterectomy two months ago. This has resulted in what I personally call, "hormonal mania". Translated this means that at random moments in time I become a human sprinkler system. Seriously, if I would just stand up and shake instead of allowing the sweat to saturate my clothing, the grass would be greener on the other side. This also means that no matter what you do, I will be agitated about it. Why? I don't know! Do I have to have an answer for everything! Oh, see what I mean. This also means that I will be hyper sensitive about anything you say about me good or bad. If it's good, I won't believe it and if it's bad, I will be agitated about it. The other night my mom informed me that she felt I had been a little irritable and moody the last couple of weeks. To which I responded, Well, I just don't agree with that! Yes, I was agitated again and in denial. Ha,ha,ha Oh, and let's not for forget the ?tear faucet?. You know what that is. That is Niagara Falls just below your tear duct glands that overflow at random. Recently, someone was concerned about my crying at which point I encouraged them with?Oh, I'm not really crying, my body is but I?m not in on it!? Did I mention denial?

Today, of course my oncologist was not one bit concerned about it all. He said this is a normal response to the hysterectomy. My surgeon also told me the same thing last night over the phone. Because of the type of breast cancer I had I can?t take anything with hormones in it. I'm thinking I have enough already! Anyway, he did start me on something to level me out. Praise God! I?m also praying it shuts down the sprinkler system and Niagara Falls and I return to a peaceable state of being. I must say, the Holy Spirit has been working over time in my life these past four weeks or it would have really been ugly!

Don't forget to be praying for our Middle East trip -- it is less than four weeks away. Wow! Can't believe it! We still have missionary women that need to be sponsored for this trip, so if the Lord so leads you, please be obedient! We at Pure Joy International love you!

His,
vickie

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Whoa girl friend, had to laught, welcome to the club. Here I am at 66 and those wonderful hot things still come at the most unexpected times. Keep the faith, it will all level out. Praying for the next overseas trip.
2 Cor. 9:8
And GOD is able to make ALL grace abound to you, so that in ALL things at ALL times, having ALL that you need, you will abound in every good work.

Keep it up homones and all!!!
Love in Him
Donna