Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Resting...

As I pen this blog this morning I am sitting in front of the pellet burning fireplace in my pajamas, a cup of coffee at my side in a room filled with figurines of Santa Claus, angels, moose, reindeer, stockings hung on the mantle, a staircase woven with greenery and red bows. All of these trimmings indicate Christmas is approaching.

Ok, now I know this blog can't compensate for time, but it has been almost four hours since I wrote that last paragraph. I have shelled pecans, baked spiced pecans, put some corn and bits of pecans out for the squirrels, and enjoyed another couple of chapters out of Dr. David Jeremiah's "What In The World Is Going On?" along with consuming several more cups of coffee. All in all, I would say I'm having a great day and it isn't even 2:00 p.m.!
I think I forgot to mention that we were pretty much iced in around here as of last night.

Funny about these kinds of days, like snow days, we give ourselves permission to relax and enjoy being at home.

Did I say relax? My mom now wants me to search the web for how to clean Venetian Blinds. She is on task with that today and has decided there must be an easier way.

Before I head off in obedience to her request, I want you to know something. The reason my day has been one of peace and contentment, even as I move through it, started this morning by spending time with the REASON FOR THE SEASON! Don't let the hurry and scurry of this time of the year distract you from the very reason we as Christians rejoice over this season! To us a Child was born….And His name was Emmanuel…God With Us!

P.S. Remember our missionary families near and far during this time as well. So many of them are unable to be with their loved ones. Pray for their safety, provision, ministries and the power for them to tell the Christmas Story this year!

His,
vickie

No comments: