Monday, December 8, 2008

Loving Jesus and His Ways...

Greetings all. I have been on the road for the past week in the precious state of Texas. Yes, precious to me because I was born there after all. Then there is Oklahoma the state I cherish, yes cherish, because I was ‘born again’ there. Now, I am in Arkansas and this is real life! Ha,ha,ha,ha

So, it was sweet to be moving about the state of Texas again. Had some sweet times of seeing the hand of God move in the lives of others. Had some sweet time of experiencing His move in my own life. Got to spend two days with some very special young ladies to my heart! When I was on staff at Great Hill Baptist Church in Austin I had the privilege of discipling these young ladies for approx. 3 years. What great joy they bring to my life and bring to His kingdom! Now that I no longer live in Austin a group of us get together every year the first weekend of December and we do Christmas together. We have watched two marriages take place over the years, 4 little angels come into this world, and a fifth is on the way. We do wish Jenny would pick a different time to get pregnant because she is one “BIG” hormone the whole weekend. But we love her anyway!!! So far she has hit 3 out of our 5 years together. Ha,ha,ha. Then we spent a part of our time making sure that Heather didn’t get to close to Jenny or eat or drink after her because Heather always ends up pregnant 1-3 months after Jenny. (Don’t ask). Hmmm, I secretly believe God wanted their children to grow up together. Gaylee, Kelli, Holly and I use to be the sane ones out of the bunch. Then Gaylee went and got herself a little precious four legged child named “Bella.” Bella was as entertaining as any of the children could have been. Yes, like most dogs, she is the boss. Holly allowed her work schedule to interfere with the fun. She allowed job security to keep her from coming this year. Hmmmm, what’s up with that, ha! We missed her. So, that just leaves Kelli and me with any significant amount of sanity. And if you knew either one of us you would know that is a real stretch. But, we had fellowship, fun, tears (ok, lot’s of crying, Jenny), fellowship, food, gifts, heart talks, God talks, etc. I pray that all of you have those friends in your life that are ‘journey’ friends. They are always on the road with you somewhere whether to the left, right, front or behind but always moving toward the goal of His kingdom! And I finished my journey up in Texarkana with the icing on the cake as God allowed me spend some needed and precious time with my friends Rick and Ada. He is so faithful to give us all we need just when we need it!

Remember to pray for Poland. Also, we have several other things on the table that we are praying over that again we cannot share just yet. So, Pray for Pure Joy, Give to Pure Joy, and Go with Pure Joy!!!!

Loving All of You..
His,
vickie

No comments: