Thursday, April 3, 2008

Egypt forever in my Heart and Venezuela on the horizon…


Greetings friends of Pure Joy from this small corner of the world.
I apologize for the silence for so long. Truthfully, soon after our trip to Costa Rica I left on a trip to Egypt to minister with a ministry called Rock International that ministers to street children. Ruth McWhite one of our Pure Joy board members accompanied me on the trip so I would not be traveling alone and to bring her expertise to ministering to others as well. I had the privilege of providing some training for some of the nationals that have a heart to work with the street kids. Please remember the nationals in prayer for we have NO clue what they are up against in their journey to reach these kids for Christ. And trust me when I say Christ is their only hope. Christ is our only hope too, but you actually get that when you are among this culture! This is my second week since returning from Egypt and I can gladly say that I am finally beginning to rise up out of the depression that set in on me after my return. I am still gleaning from the LORD things I saw and was exposed to while there. On the brighter side I met some absolutely wonderful people that love our Lord and Savior and are serving Him diligently. Praise God for the opportunities to see Him at work throughout this world!!!

Changing gears ………Calling in all prayer friends:
Details are coming together as we prepare for our next retreat which will be in Venezuela. Please begin to pray as the sponsoring churches, team members, and details begin to unfold on this side. Also, pray for our ladies in Venezuela to hear of this opportunity and register on line at www.purejoyinternational.org. Our theme for Venezuela is “Love Story” The Power of the Cross. Our verse is 1 Cor 1:18, for the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God. Please begin to pray as God brings the speakers for this retreat, the praise and worship team, hospitality persons, activity persons, etc. Pray for all our arrangements in Venezuela to continue to fall in to place and pray that God will give us favor at every turn. Pray about if you are also to help sponsor a missionary to this retreat. Our cost per missionary this trip has gone up $50 dollars due to the economy of the country. Cost per missionary is $400 to provide for their room and board in a nice environment, materials for the conference, gifts, etc. for three days two nights. I encourage you to pray about teaming up with some of your girlfriends and sponsoring a missionary for this trip. See the web site above to learn how to be a part of this ministry through giving.

I am headed to Clovis, New Mexico in a few weeks to minister with a ministry called “Spiritual Seekers”. I have had the opportunity to minister with them in the Oklahoma/Texas area in the past. This will be my first time with the New Mexico girls! Please pray as I continue to prepare messages based on their theme, “Get a Job!!” The topic has to do with the obvious ‘servanthood’ in the body of Christ. Yes, God did prepare in advance those good works He intended us to do. Pray that as a result of our time together the ladies will realize that God is intentional and He has gifted us each for his purposes. Meaning, no one has ever invited me to head up their hospitality ministry! To know me is to know why! However, God does intend for me to have a heart of hospitality. He just doesn’t really want me decorating the table or anything else. He has however taught me many things over the years about hospitality from some of you Martha Stewarts that I really appreciate!

Keep checking the blog for updates on the Venezuela retreat.

His,
Vickie

1 comment:

LifeGroup said...

Hey Vic,
You can be on my hospitality team anytime!
Peace,
Melinda