Tuesday, February 2, 2021

Darkness…


I am sure we can all remember a time when we have found ourselves in darkness unexpectedly.  That happens to us several times throughout the year.  It happens if the weather is bad, someone hits a utility pole, and or my personal favorite the squirrel that gets caught in the power grid and knocks out the electricity on one whole side of town. If that happens in the daytime not so big a deal regarding light.  But at night when you are suddenly cast unexpectantly into the darkness, not so good.  It is a strange feeling for a moment.  Your brain goes to total overload for just a fraction of a second trying to process, no light, what happen, which gives way to a momentary flinch of fear.  Then you snap out of it. Find your flashlight, candles, lanterns, etc. Then you call the Entergy Company to find out what happened and when you can expect it to be fixed.

Today, it is easy to feel overwhelmed with the darkness of this world. And it will not do you any good to call the electric company to find out what happened and when you can expect it be fixed.  Because it is a darkness brought on by evil.  Evil are those things that stand in opposition to Gods Word, Truths, Ways, Will, Commands, etc.

But rejoice my dear friends because Gods Word has given us the tool’s we need to weather the darkness of this present world.  Here are just a couple of powerful verses to hold onto and believe!

Psalm 27:1 (ESV) The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The LORD is the stronghold of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?

Psalm 18:28-30 (ESV) For it is you who light my lamp; the LORD my God lightens my darkness. For by you I can run against a troop, and by my God I can leap over a wall. This God—his way is perfect; the word of the LORD proves true; he is a shield for all those who take refuge in him.

So, the next time the darkness is pressing in on you remember; He is your light and your salvation!

His,

Vickie

 

 

 

No comments: