Tuesday, January 22, 2019

Ecuador Retreat Update…

The Ecuador Retreat is full, and we have already gone to a waiting list. You still can get on the waiting list by going to purejoyinternational.org. Many times, we have missionary women that must drop out because of circumstances, illness, family things back home, etc. So, we have had ladies that get to move up the waiting list by the time we get to the actual retreat dates. If God is putting it on your heart to register, then be obedient and get your name on the list as soon as possible. You never know how God might move on your behalf.

To all our Pure Joy Supporters on all levels, please begin praying for this Retreat. It is so exciting to see the Retreat fill up in just one week’s time. We also have 25 of the missionary women sponsored with only 25 more to go. So fun to watch God move on their behalf! As always, please start seeking God now to see how He would have you be involved in this trip through prayer, gifting, and giving.  You can donate by clicking on the button at the right of this page, and/or send checks to Pure Joy International and write “missionary sponsorship” in bottom left corner of check.
 
Well, today I took the day off literally (for real!) and spent it with my great nephew and his cousin. Respectively ages 6 and 8. We went bowling. It was fun until 1 hour into it we figured out that everyone around us decided to take their kids bowling too, because of the holiday celebrating Martin Luther King. However, we ran into another family and ended up bowling together. I’m pretty sure my lower back is going to be screaming at me in the morning. I don’t think people with lower back issues are supposed to be bowling. I actually was tempted to use the boys’ 6lb bowling ball, but I couldn’t get my fingers in the 3 holes. Ha,ha,ha,ha,ha
     
What I really enjoyed most was that I intentionally took the day off and took the boys because I wanted to spend time with them… not because I needed to watch them for anyone. However, I suspect both moms appreciated our outing too. Ha,ha,ha,ha,ha

Wanted to share something before closing. If you didn’t catch this reading from Oswald on January 11th it was a very powerful one.

What My Obedience to God Costs Other People, by Oswald Chambers
https://utmost.org/what-my-obedience-to-god-costs-other-people/?share=email&nb=1

His,
Vickie

No comments: