Monday, November 19, 2018

Thanksgiving 2018

We are only a few days away from Thanksgiving Day. For many that means taking time to make sure others have something to be thankful for during this season. Many churches, businesses, and individuals will be donating meals and time to those who are less fortunate. Others of you will have a wonderful day shared with family and friends. For some this will be your first Thanksgiving without a loved one, for others it will be a difficult time because of broken and strained relationships within families.

While all the things I just mentioned are truths, I am praying that each one of us will pause and take the time to truly look at people and things to be thankful for this year.

I am personally thankful for God’s Word. It is what helps me to see and know His Faithfulness, to realize He is All-Knowing, All Powerful, Omnipresent and His absolute love for His children. I am thankful to be one of those children. I’m thankful for Jesus, the cross and the resurrection, which allowed me to be saved from the wrath of God. I’m thankful for the Holy Spirit who convicts me of sin daily, who challenges me to desire to live life according to God’s word and ways, and who affirms He is at work in my life daily.

I am also very thankful for each one of you and how important you are to Pure Joy International. Those who have been a part of us since our beginning, and those of you who have joined us along the way. I am thankful for the prayers for the ministry, the staff, board, and advisors. I am thankful for the prayers specifically for each trip out of the country and its preparations. I am thankful for the prayers that go out for the missionary women and their families before, during and following a trip. I am thankful for those of you who give to support this ministry monthly regarding operations, and throughout the year with missionary sponsorships for each conference, as well as for those of you who give a onetime offering at the end of each year. I pray that God blesses each of you a hundred-fold for your faithfulness.

So, during this Thanksgiving week, may we slow down and be thankful for someone or something that has made and/or makes a difference in our lives.

From all of us at Pure Joy International

No comments: