Monday, September 17, 2018

LORD, Pack My Lunch Today...

Recently, Jamie (one of my nieces), called me to share a funny story about her 6-year-old son. Seems he had been asking her to pack him a lunch for a few days in a row. Not because the school doesn’t serve good meals, but because it is the cool thing to do, carry your lunch. She obviously kept forgetting. Then one evening several days later she went to get something out of the refrigerator just before bed time to find two lunch boxes sitting in the refrigerator. She promptly asked her son what his two lunch boxes were doing in the refrigerator. His response, “I put them there to remind you, Mom, because I know you forget sometimes.” Ha,ha,ha 

This morning, as I was doing my quiet time, I was reminded again about that story as I was reading the line from the LORD’S prayer in Matthew 6:11 that says, “Give us today our daily bread.” I wonder how often we ask Him to “pack our lunch for the day,” to give us our daily bread. And better yet, do we really believe that what He packs for us is enough for the day?

This week I am praying for each of you that lay eyes on this blog, that you will intentionally ask God to pack your lunch daily. Ask Him to give you your daily bread….and believe it is enough no matter what it looks like in the physical. Get those lunch boxes on the prayer closet shelves! (smile)

We have had 3 more missionaries sponsored last week in response to our reminder that it is time to help towards sponsorships, if you are going to help. That leaves us with 28 more that still need to be sponsored. Keep those resources pouring in until that number comes to “0”. To give go to www.purejoyinternational.org scroll down and click on donations. It will give you ways to give and an address if you choose to give by mail.

Love you all and have a JESUS week!

His,
Vickie

No comments: