Wednesday, May 9, 2018

Rest He Knows…

Today, I wanted to send a word out to those of you who are single. Why God has put this on my heart I’m not sure, but I am sure I’m all about doing what I believe He has encouraged me to do.
 
During our time in Eastern Europe, a conversation came up about single girls on the field and how that can be difficult at times. Sometimes it is difficult because, when you are single, people mistakenly think you have all the time in the world since you are not married with children. (That always makes me laugh!) Oh yeah, before I go any further, I’m single. Ha,ha,ha Sometimes it is difficult… especially serving cross-culturally, because you get lonely when your team-mates are in their family mode and you feel like you don’t have anyone. Sometimes you flat out just feel not safe because you are alone.

All the discussion reminded me of a verse in Psalms 68:6 which reads:

“God sets the lonely in families, he leads out the prisoners with singing; but the rebellious live in a sun-scorched land.”

I love that verse because God used it in my life shortly after I had received Jesus as my Lord and Savior. I remember praying to Him about marriage. In my heart, He assured me that I would never have to worry about marriage. If I was to be married, He would bring that person into my life. I have never questioned or doubted Him on that. He also used that verse to remind me that He would always have people around me to love and care for me. He has been faithful to that promise. All along my journey, He has placed family, godly men and women, couples, and individuals in my life to walk with me. And I have been content in the journey. As I told the group in Eastern Europe, others have been messed up about it but not me. Ha,ha,ha,ha
 
Now, I do have to tell you that I jokingly make references to needing a husband when I am having to do some man jobs (what I consider a man jobs) around the house. In fact, my friends know that during those times I will say, “I need a husband.” (smile)
 
Having said all of that, I also believe with all my heart that God intended for women to be married and that is the desire of most every young woman’s heart. But, can I encourage you? Don’t run ahead of Him. He knows you. He knows your needs physically, mentally, emotionally, and spiritually, as it relates to a mate. His timing is perfect… but not ours. His thoughts towards you are pure love and He cares deeply for you. He doesn’t just intend for you to be with anyone. He has a plan for you and your spouse to-be. So, make sure you are dancing with God, and in His timing, He will let the perfect man for you.. cut in. Notice I said perfect man for you, not a perfect man. Ha,ha,ha,ha
 
Until then don’t forget the words of Isaiah 54:5

For your Maker is your husband-- the LORD Almighty is his name-- the Holy One of Israel is your Redeemer; he is called the God of all the earth.

Changing gears... we are in the process now of talking with a contact person for our next trip overseas. It will be this fall and more details will be posted next week. 

His,
Vickie

No comments: