Tuesday, July 25, 2017

God’s Workmanship

Weekly I pray for our board, advisors, and staff of Pure Joy International. I have assigned a specific day to each one of them. I send them a text that morning asking for prayer request. Last Monday one of our staff sent a prayer request and this is partially the request.

"Please pray for God's wisdom and His perfect peace for both of us (her husband) as we deal with a workmanship issue on the house that just came to light late yesterday."

She and her husband have been in the process of building a new home. Last week they were down to the final home stretch before moving in and obviously there were some things that weren’t happening the way they had designed them or wanted the outcome to look.

When I read her request that morning the word “workmanship” really jumped out at me. And immediately the verse from Ephesians 2:10 rose-up in my spirit. For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them.

The builder in their case had an opportunity to hear their concerns and change things to their desired results. But can I ask you something? How many times have we complained to our Builder, God? I ask that question because to be honest with you this is what pierced my heart when I saw the word “workmanship”. My Builder is PERFECT! I have no grounds for a workmanship issue. (WOW! That is a profound thought if you can wrap your mind around it!)

So, perhaps it is time to meet with your Builder. Not because there is a workmanship issue but because there is a lack of knowledge concerning the Builder. I pray you think on this truth. Amen.

Costa Rica continues so be at the forefront of the hearts of the team members! We have 32 of our missionary women sponsored with only 18 to go. Word has it that by next week we could see another 8 of them sponsored. That would be totally awesome! Please join us in praying that all remaining 18 get sponsored.

Just a reminder as you pray for the team and missionary women, our theme is “Crossing the Jordan”. The verse is Joshua 3:5.

We already have groups of women signing up to make gifts. If you are interested please let me know at vickie@purejoyinternational.org

Love you all and praying for you as well!

His,
Vickie

No comments: