Tuesday, January 24, 2017

4 Weeks and Off to Athens.....


As we continue our preparations for Athens please continue to pray for us. We have 9 spots left and deadline for registration is January 31, 2017.

Also, the team is getting more and more excited. One of our ladies shared the following email with us this morning (Tuesday). Yes, she is leading our worship team if you don’t pick up on it. ha,ha,ha It gives my heart great “joy” to see our team excited and encouraging one another. It also, give me great “joy” to watch them prepare their hearts before the LORD. Enjoy her heart for our LORD....

Sisters,

After sharing a day of worship preparation and prayer with Jesus, I literally could not sleep last night. Songs kept dancing thru my head and my heart just about exploded with excitement … the reality of being with you and our missionaries in Greece just set in!!

Wanted to share a verse with you. The day after our first prayer time with Vic, I was asking the Lord to confirm completely in my heart my place on this team. I knew Jerry supported it but I was still just a little hesitant. I mean, come on. Greece? I wanted a pure heart, pure motives. I wanted it to be completely HIS call to go.

The next morning in my devo time, He gives me this:
One day spent in Your house, this beautiful house of worship, beats 1000s spent on GREEK island beaches. I’d rather scrub floors in the house of my God then be honored as a guest in the palace of sin. – Psalm 84:10-11


I laughed out loud with Jesus. I could go anywhere on this planet and no matter how breathtaking the view might be, it will NEVER even come close to what I have in my Savior. Oh, the freedom and joy of walking in the presence of HIM! May our joy in Him overflow on each other and these women attending the retreat!

I’m praying FOR YOU as you prepare to lead and minister. Our theme has penetrated my own heart and taken me to my knees daily. Repentance and brokenness are crucial for us as we lead. We must “consider OUR ways.” Create in us clean hearts, Father. Renew a right spirit in us.

THIS song is one the Lord keeps pointing me to. Wanted to share. Surrender, by Hillsong:
https://youtu.be/jgsqfjRslzA

Be blessed, sweet sisters. God is stirring and I don’t want to miss a moment! See you soon!

Grace and Peace,

Take time to listen to the song if you have never heard it. You will love it!!

His,
Vickie

No comments: