Monday, December 12, 2016

Christmas Tree pictures and Celebration stories...


Thank you that several of you have already taken seriously my request that you send in pictures of your trees and/or Christmas traditions.
The first response came from Dalene that lives in Germany:
Here is my tree from Germany.
Romans 8:28

The second response came in from North Carolina: 
Bless-ed Christ-mas celebrating Jesus! Love, Shan
The third response came in from Tulsa, Oklahoma. Sylvia said:
 
Our Christmas tree has had 100 handmade lambs (99 white & 1 black)
 plus about 150 miniature Peruvian hats on it since the early 80s.
 
The fourth response came in from Texas from my dear friend, Phyllis:
My friend of over 40 years bought me my first village church house
and we have added 1 item every year since.
I have a Christmas tree, but I love my village
because it has so many special memories of each past year.
The fifth response to come in is from our contact person from Athens, Greece. She is our eyes and feet regarding logistics until we get there in February.  Jamie wrote:
Here is our tree ;-)
One tradition here in Greece is to decorate with boats,
there are beautiful ones in people's windows
and in the square of the parliament;
it is supposed to represent our journey for the next year,
especially with Christ.
Please continue to send in pictures of Christmas Trees and/or stories. I will try to post them accordingly. It is interesting to hear how we celebrate and the traditions we have, too.
Also, thank you to those that have started to give towards the sponsorship of missionaries that will be attending the Athens, Greece Conference. Several of you like having the link on the blog to be able to make donations without having to look for the page on the web, so I am asking Mary to put the link in the blog going forward. http://www.purejoyinternational.org/support 
I pray all of you have a wonderful week in the LORD! 
Celebrating our Savior's Story,
His,
Vickie
 
 
 
 

No comments: