Tuesday, September 6, 2016

You Wear Me Out ...


How many times growing up have you heard that spoken to you by your parents? Or heard another set of parents saying that to their children? And how many times have you said or thought that about your spouse, or friend, or peers at work and yes even your church family? If you haven’t ever said those words, there is still a good possibility someone has said them about you. ha,ha,ha, ha,ha I’m confident my mom has said that about me even as an adult. Even though she didn’t say it I think she may have thought it once or twice in this past week. Ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,   
But, here is where the rubber meets the road. It is when you say it to yourself! I had one of those conversations with myself just this morning. It went something like this... “Are you kidding me? Stop it! How hard is this? You know better! You wear me out.” The Apostle Paul actually struggled with the same things only he said it with a lot more style....
Romans 7:15 (NLT)
“I don’t really understand myself, for I want to do what is right, but I don’t do it. Instead, I do what I hate.”


You might ask, “Well, what did he hate?” The same things we do as followers of Christ! He hated sin! He hated those thoughts, feelings, emotions, and actions that did not line up with God’s Word and who he was as a child of God! He hated when he didn’t trust God, walk in faith, be obedient, put others first, die to self, and all the other things we struggle with daily. 
And he, like us, had to confess his ways that didn’t line up with God’s word, forgive himself, forgive others, and remember we are overcomers in Christ when we yield to Him daily and allow Him to live through us. Yes, my friend we are never going to be perfect this side of heaven but we are being perfected day by day!
Can I give you a bit of encouragement here...? Praise God for those struggles. They remind us that the Holy Spirit of God indwells us and that we are children of the Most High God. Children of the King. And when we don’t act like who we really are, our Heavenly Father graciously reminds us through the conviction of the Holy Spirit that indwells us. 
If you haven’t been convicted over sin in your life in a while, bow the knee and ask God to shine His light across your heart. Confess, repent, and grow forward!
Ok, so that is my confession for today, at least so far. Ha,ha,ha,ha On to ministry news... (smile)
We are so close into Asia we can almost touch it. I can’t believe we leave a week from Friday. It is all coming together. Thank you so much!! Thank you for the sponsorships, gifts, cards, etc. that you have invested. Hope you are continuing to pray over your M and their family and/or ministry while we are on the field.  
Also, the Mexico Team got their first team letter last night. So they are getting ready to step up to the process of getting ready for the conference in Mexico. I want to ask you to start praying like a mad dog that sponsorships will begin to come in for this conference. We have approximately 30 women signed up as of now. Will keep you, as always, in the loop if that changes. 
Saw a great movie this weekend called “Greater.” If you are looking for something to go see, check it out. Don’t know if it will make it to any places overseas but if it does those of you reading this across the oceans check it out.
Love you all...
His,
Vickie

No comments: