Saturday, September 26, 2015

Another opportunity….

This past weekend I was given the opportunity to minister to a wonderful group of women for their Fall Retreat. Our theme was “How Is Your Soul”? It was a wonderful time and God really showed up and ministered to our hearts. During the afternoon free time we shot skeet. All I want to say about that time together is… All the ducks in Arkansas would have nothing to be concerned about if our group was the only ones hunting them during duck season. Just saying…

We are gearing up more and more for Kathmandu. It is only 8 weeks away. So hard to believe we are this close in. We had 5 more missionary women sponsored this past week. We are up to 26 with only 24 more to sponsor. Please continue to pray for hearts to be moved towards sponsorship. I love it when one of you calls me or I see you along the way and you tell me, “I see you have such and such number of missionary women sponsored so far.” This lets me know that you are following the trip and praying for the ladies. Thank you sooo much. I can’t even tell you how excited the women are that we are coming to Kathmandu. So many of them are working hard and having a difficult time since the “earthquakes”. Apart from Christ it would be impossible not to live in a state of fear in that environment, wondering if and when another “earthquake’ will come. Praise God for all the many ministries and relief organizations that are coming and going in that part of the world to help give hope, encouragement, food, water, etc. 
 
This week I want to encourage you to take time to encourage someone. Especially, those that don’t look like or act like they need it. Sometimes they are the ones that need it most. God knew we would need encouragement or He would not have said, "But exhort one another every day, as long as it is called “today,” that none of you may be hardened by the deceitfulness of sin." Hebrews 3:13 (ESV)

Love you guys…

His,
Vickie

No comments: