Monday, June 29, 2015

Back in the office….

Wow, last week was a whirlwind. Actually, it really was at the beginning of the week because we were in Oklahoma. The wind truly blows there! My mom and I pulled up to a hotel we were staying in and I pulled some hanging clothes out and put on the hotel dolly while I reached down to get our suitcase out of the trunk. When I turned around my hanging clothes were gone. No, I mean really, they were gone. I looked to the left, right, front and behind. I finally saw them sailing across the parking lot and chased them down. My white blouse did not come out of it so well.

I met with our worship leader for Kathmandu and three other potential team members who are praying through to be sure it is God’s leading for them to be on this trip. We had a sweet time and I love meeting new women who are interested in ministering to missionary women overseas.  

We then made it back home Tuesday afternoon and I had a day in the office on Wednesday before heading out to Shreveport, Louisiana on Thursday afternoon. I met with another one of our team members for Kathmandu who will be joining us. The thing that is so sweet about this meeting is this particular team member will be flying in from the Ukraine to meet us in Kathmandu. She is a missionary who attended our Italy retreat and felt God leading her to be a part of the team for Kathmandu…her way of paying it forward to other missionary women. God is so good!

Made it back in Friday late afternoon just in time to catch the storms that passed through Arkansas. So, there is my life in a nutshell and why you received a short blog last week.  (smile)

For those of you who are praying for our hotel location in Kathmandu, our contact person on the field and another missionary located several hotels and sent pictures and information to our logistics person (Linda). Please pray that Linda will have favor with the hotels as she negotiates.

Once the hotel is settled we will open up registration for the retreat. Please pray as I have asked before that the word gets out to exactly the women who God would have be at the retreat. He knows.

Love you all,

His,
Vickie


No comments: