Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Is your leadership refreshing others? Are they flourishing under it?

Today I read Psalms 72 which seems to stir quite the discussion as to authorship among commentaries. After reading so many commentaries’ thoughts on it, I have come to this conclusion:  Whoever is the author of the psalm (David, Solomon, or them together), this truth stands out to me - it is about the reign/authority of God, David, Solomon and Jesus Christ our LORD.

I was stirred by the verses 6-7 that reads:

Psalm 72:6-7 (NLT)
May the king’s rule be refreshing like spring rain on freshly cut grass, like the showers that water the earth. May all the godly flourish during his reign. May there be abundant prosperity until the moon is no more.

There is no want for another book on leadership. I could rattle off so many authors and book titles on leadership and most of you will have heard the name or have read the book. But, I never want us to forget that there are so many gems in God’s word regarding any topic you and I come face to face with on this earth; gems that speak truth and make a difference in our lives and the lives of others. So, today this blog is really geared toward those that serve in leadership in some capacity or another - such as a husband, pastor, team leader, Sunday school teacher, class room teacher, bible study leader, ministry leader, etc. 

Does your leadership style honor God’s Word? Is it refreshing others? Does it encourage those around you? Does it replenish them in the low places? Are people flourishing under your leadership?  Are they growing?  Thriving?  Challenged?  Serving with a heart attitude of excellence?  

If you are in a position of leadership serving others, I ask you to please stop as I have today and evaluate your leadership.  Park it next to God’s Word and ask yourself - does it line up?  And I dare you to take it a step further and ask those that serve alongside you (though under your leadership) those questions.  You can be sure I am going to ask my Pure Joy Board, Advisors, and Staff.  And I might not like some of the answers or I might like them all but this I can tell you…. I will grow and learn and Praise God for the answers whatever they are.  It is time in leadership for there to be some accountability in the body of Christ.  I ask you to please build some into your life if you haven’t already. Otherwise, you are live bait for the enemy!!

Love you all,

His,
Vickie







No comments: