Wednesday, April 29, 2015

The missionaries say it better....

The missionaries share with us through email, when we get back, what an impact the ministry has had on them. Enjoy this email from Becky that serves in Ukraine. You made a difference in her life through your praying, giving, gifting, and going.

Love you all,

His,
Vickie

Dear Vickie,

I wanted to take a few minutes to let you know what a wonderfully renewing time the retreat was for me.

When I left Ukraine on Monday, it was snowing and cold. Nothing was quite yet in bloom...but had signs of the promise of blossoms. Today, as I look out my bedroom, Ukraine is alive with spring. The birds are singing, the cherry trees have sweet smelling blossoms, and ground is alive and growing (unfortunately with some dandelions, too!).

In reflection, this is a valid picture of myself. When I left Ukraine to come to the retreat, I was tired, cold, and frozen....spiritually, emotionally, and physically. The last year, as you know, has been filled with war, deaths, separations, and disappointments for me. In protection, I had shut down. I was functioning on auto-pilot and had lost my joy.

Within the first 24 hours of being at Pure Joy, the thaw began. I remember Jerre Moore (not alone....she was with others!!!! :-) stopping me on the streets of Naples even before I had registered. Her words began the thaw as she told me how intensely she had been praying for me this past year. (The ice cracked.) She hugged me (crack!!!) and introduced me to the others. That was the beginning of the great thaw. And it continued... from the warm greetings of the leaders as I registered, the hugs from ones met in Prague, and on and on. The newly thawed and wet ground was ready to hear the Word of God speak truth into my heart through the gifted speakers and renew the joy and PEACE that comes from Him.

Thank you for the safe place to allow the Holy Spirit to work! I thank God for the vision He gave you to begin this ministry, and for your obedience to His voice. I truly can say that this time away with Pure Joy was an answer to a desperate prayer!!!

In His Hope,
Becky

No comments: