Tuesday, September 9, 2014

On the Road

This past weekend I had the privilege of addressing the Women's Ministry of First Baptist Church of Texarkana, Texas. In attendance were also several women that minister as leaders with their Celebrate Recovery ministry. Such a sweet group of leader ladies. (smile)

In preparation for the training I ran across the following quote by Winston Churchill that I absolutely loved and it spoke to my heart as such a deep truth: “Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; it is also what it takes to sit down and listen.” Let that quote marinate in your heart for a while. 

The Tanzania Team continues in its preparations for our departure in about 11 weeks. Can't believe we are actually heading toward the home stretch of leaving the country. Money was raised last week by one of the team member’s churches which brings our total to 28 missionary women sponsored with 22 remaining to be sponsored. I love to watch God equip us for what He calls us to, yes even financially. But, before that happens I am headed to Dominican Republic (DR) in 4 weeks to minister with SCORE International (www.scoreinternational.org) during their Women's Missions Week. I am so excited about what God wants to accomplish there in them and me. The theme He has put on my heart is "Above All" Psalm 24:1-2. The opportunities I will have are to meet with and encourage leadership, provide biblical counseling for those that desire a place to talk, speak nightly into the lives of women that have come from the United States to experience SCORE International ministries.

Please pray for me as I prepare messages for SCORE and for all of us that will speak in Tanzania that God will have empty and willing vessels to pour through. 

Praise the LORD that my niece and her husband, Sassan, have returned from Niger after two weeks of ministry to the children in that region of Africa. I am so thankful for all of those that are obedient to His call…obedient whether it is on this side of the ocean or the other. Oh, that the body of Christ would live obedient lives to Him and draw more to the Gospel of Salvation.

Love you all...Have an incredible week and share the Good News with someone! It can change their life!

His,
Vickie   



No comments: