Thursday, October 31, 2013

He is Omnipresent...

Last week I began a journey reminding us of the character of God.  Maybe some of you haven't even considered the character of God.

Character is like a tree and reputation is like its shadow.  The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing.  Abraham Lincoln

I love that statement by Abraham Lincoln. I believe in this day and time many people see God as the shadow - they decide what they think of Him and His Character.  But, God is the tree!  He is the Great I AM!

Last week we saw through scripture God is a Good God.  I cannot tell you how many people shared with me this week they know that in their head but struggle with it in their heart. Why? Because our eye sight is mostly horizontal not vertical.  My sweet sisters, our belief system about God is the foundation for how we do life.  Look up!  Remember for every area the enemy can get you to doubt God's character, the enemy can get a toe hold and or strong hold in your life! Let’s look at another character of God:  omnipresence.

Omnipresent ........ God is present everywhere, in the entire universe, at all times, in the totality of His Character.                         

2 Chronicles 16:9 (ESV)
For the eyes of the LORD run to and fro throughout the whole earth, to give strong support to those whose heart is blameless toward him.

Proverbs 15:3 (ESV)
The eyes of the LORD are in every place, keeping watch on the evil and the good.

Job 34:21 (ESV)
For his eyes are on the ways of a man, and he sees all his steps.

Jeremiah 23:23-24 (ESV)
 “Am I a God at hand, declares the LORD, and not a God far away? Can a man hide himself in secret places so that I cannot see him?” declares the LORD. “Do I not fill heaven and earth?” declares the LORD.

Hebrews 4:13 (ESV)
And no creature is hidden from his sight, but all are naked and exposed to the eyes of him to whom we must give account.

God is present everywhere, in all the universe, at all times.  It certainly doesn't 'feel' that way sometimes, does it?  In fact, how many times have all of us said, “God, where are you?”  Many times people share with me that they believe God has forgotten them, doesn't remember they exist.  That is because they base their belief system on how they 'feel' instead of the truth of God's word about His character.  Read those verses again. He sees all!  You have to be present to see!  Please allow me to speak this truth over you.  God is omnipresent according to His word and that is a truth no matter how you 'feel'.  If you accept and believe that truth then it isn't based on feeling but fact, He is present 24/7.   What we miss out on in the body of Christ is His 'revealed presence'.   We don't experience His presence.  Why?  I think we can find the answer to that in the following passage.....

John 14:21 (ESV)
“Whoever has my commandments and keeps them, he it is who loves me. And he who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I will love him and manifest myself to him.”

God reveals and/or manifests Himself to us through the person of the Holy Spirit when we love and obey His Word.

Please hear this truth as I close out today.  God is omnipresent no matter how you 'feel'.  He is there with you 24/7.  But, your opportunity to truly experience His presence in your life is directly related to your willingness to do life God's way.  Don't expect to live like the world and hang out with God.

I love you all so much. Have a blessed week.

His,
Vickie

No comments: