Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Perspectives...On the World Christian Movement

Last night Patty and I began attending “Perspectives on the World Christian Movement”, a semester long course based on God's global purposes from Biblical, historical, cultural and strategic perspectives.

One of the things the instructor encouraged us to take away from the time together was the following:

"I have been blessed to be a blessing to others." We spent much time looking at Genesis 12:1-3.

Now the Lord said to Abram, “Go from your country and your kindred and your father's house to the land that I will show you. And I will make of you a great nation, and I will bless you and make your name great, so that you will be a blessing. I will bless those who bless you, and him who dishonors you I will curse, and in you all the families of the earth shall be blessed.”

As I pondered this last night after arriving home, I thought to myself, "How many of us really see ourselves as blessed?" Last night the instructor asked us to identify some ways we are blessed. When is the last time you REALLY looked at how you are blessed, if ever? I want to challenge you as we were challenged to look at your blessings. Seriously say them out loud. Write them down on paper. Then ask yourself, “Am I passing them on?” Are you blessing others? If you are blessed to have a roof over your head, how do you bless others with that? If you are blessed in the area of teaching, how do you bless others with that? If you are blessed financially, how are you blessing others with that? If you are blessed with a car, how are you blessing others with that? If you are blessed with great joy, how are you blessing others with that? You get the picture.

"I have been blessed to be a blessing to others." When is the last time someone told you that you were a blessing? Hmmmm?

Ok, we are still working with contact people concerning our Belize, Ghana and Mongolia trips. We need lots of prayer for details, for we are not sure what God is up to regarding locations and dates, but we’re willing to wait and see. Please keep praying.

His,
Vickie

No comments: