Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Love is Intimate…and Dominican Republic Trip

The word intimate is a word that can bring up a bunch of different meanings and emotions to different people. Your husbands probably think it means, “Meet me in the bedroom!” Wives, you probably think it means, “Hold me, talk with me, and NOTHING ELSE!” Ha, ha!
This week as we continue our look at the Ten Commandments from the perspective of Grace (Love), we are talking about Intimacy. Again I encourage you to go back to our starting point for the 10 Commandments on the blog (March 22, 2012).

So far we have looked at our first three commandments:

1. You shall have no other gods before me (Exodus 20:3).

 Love Command: Love is Loyal

2. You shall not make any graven image (idol) or bow down before them or serve them (Exodus 20:4-5).

Love Command: Love is Faithful

3. You shall not take the name of the LORD in vain (Exodus 20:7).

Love Command: Love is Reverent

The Fourth Commandment is:

4. Remember the Sabbath day by keeping it Holy (Exodus 20:8).

Love Command: Love is Intimate

The definition of the word ‘intimate’ for our purpose simply means a close, confident, relationship such as with a very best friend.

Is your love toward the LORD intimate? Is He a close friend, a confidant? Is He your best friend? Those that know me well know that I don’t call anyone in the physical my best friend. I have some very good friends and some very close, close friends but Jesus Christ the Son of God is my BEST FRIEND! He is the one I can run to, trust, and share my deepest heart, thoughts, emotions and feelings with. He is always available; He always hears, and He always knows what is best for me. He also knows how to get my attention through conviction, mature me through life challenges, and encourage me through His words. HE IS!

Do you take time throughout the day to talk with Him, be still with Him, praise Him, etc? Do you realize that while He doesn’t physically hold your hand He spiritually holds your heart! He cares; He is gentle, kind, and GOOD ALL THE TIME! How’s that for an awesome intimate Best Friend!

I challenge you this week to take time to be intimate with Him. You won’t regret it and I can PROMISE YOU it will change your life!


Dominican Republic News…

The team meeting was awesome Monday night. We talked via Skype with the team members from Oklahoma and Texas, while five of us from Arkansas were in one  place and the other four from their home bases. We got lots of things talked about and walked through our schedule for the Retreat. Of course as always we all continue to pray daily for the women who will be attending, and we encourage you to join with us.

I’m excited about what God is up to with this team. The team is always different for every trip and it makes for a whole different set of energy. I have one true blue fun girl in this group that I am starting to suspect she really wanted to be a stand up comedian in real life. Hmmm…could that be Faith?

As we continue to prepare please pray those of us who will be speaking as we allow God to communicate into our hearts His messages on our theme of “Endless Love” and our verse, Psalm 103:12.

I love you all! Have a great week with HIM!

His,
Vickie

P.S. God is sooooooo cool. I was just getting ready to send this to the editor and in opening my emails I had a message from Chris Johnson, Pastor of FBC Albertville, Alabama. If you remember I attended their first ever Missions Conference back in January of this past year. It was called Advance 20/20. Awesome conference! Anyway, I just received an email from Pastor Chris who said their church is sponsoring a missionary for Dominican Republic. Why? Because they get missions and what our missionaries go through on the field and the benefit of a time of rest for them! Thank you FBC Albertville, Alabama!

No comments: