Thursday, February 9, 2012

You Gotta Love the Word of God...

Do you ever just kiss your Bible? I do! Not in front of anyone (well, maybe that isn’t true because I have before). But, have you ever wanted too? Because if you haven’t ever kissed your Bible or wanted to, then I have to question NOT your salvation, but your maturity in the LORD. Ha, ha! That is an oxymoron isn’t it…kissing your Bible and maturity. Seriously, though. I was thinking of all the verses and stories and situations in the scriptures that God brings to my mind, those that absolutely can change my whole perspective on things and give encouragement when I’m dealing with or going through something or counseling someone or a family.
This morning as I sit here asking the LORD what to share with you this week (what you need to hear), I found myself reviewing my week. I actually started chuckling out loud to myself and have been sitting here with a stupid grin on my face for about 30 min.

My last few days have been a little crazy. I have had to deal with some issues that, like they would you, wear me out and make me want to pull my hair out. Yesterday I wanted to pull other people’s hair out! Ha, ha, ha! Oh, and there are several stories in scripture regarding hair issues, so I’m ok and encouraged! Ha, ha, ha!

Also, we are having siding put on our house and the workers have been hammering from light to dawn for the past five days. On top of that, the cat has a thyroid problem and is all emotional and crying pretty much nonstop. Hammer – Cat, Hammer – Cat...No stop it! What am I thinking.

Anyway, I remind myself that Noah was on the ark with the pounding of rain non-stop for 40 days and nights and more than one cat whining around. So, I’m good!

I did get away from my home corner office with windows (cubby hole in my mom’s bedroom) and went to Patty and Kenny’s (friends) to work in their conference room on Monday all day. It was nice. Remember Jesus had places He went to rest.

But, above all else, I just flat love Jesus, and He makes me smile. And the Word of God keeps me grounded! So, if you are not kissing your Bible, you are probably not reading your Bible. Because if you are really reading and catching the truths of His Word then you are probably madly in love with Him! And you probably have kissed it once at least. Come on admit it!! Don’t be afraid that people just might find lip prints on your Bible instead of dust (smile).

Starting next week, we will begin meeting weekly for prayer time for our Dominican Republic trip in May. So please join us the next four months as we pray for the women who will register, the resources to sponsor each missionary, the team that God will put together to go, etc. Our theme is Endless Love, and our verse is Psalms 103:12

"As far as the east is from the west,
so far has he removed our transgressions from us."

Love you guys!

His,
Vickie

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a great post! Smiled the entire way to the end!

-g