Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Such a Sweet Spirit...

Last night I had the sweet privilege of meeting with a group of pastors and their wives at FBC Vilonia, AR. It really was a sweet time of being able to share with them the need for the ministry of Pure Joy to missionary women overseas. Several of the missionary women from our Peru trip in 2011 are supported by some of the churches represented last night. Once again I was reminded of Jesus’ love for His girls! I have already heard from one of the wives this morning interested in being a part of what God is up to through Pure Joy! I already know some of the churches that were represented last night will be part of what God desires to accomplish with our Dominican Republic Retreat in May. How they are involved is in God’s hands and will be revealed. I can’t wait! I love watching Him work!

Wow! It just dawned on me. When was the last time someone told you that they loved watching you work…someone besides your spouse who expects it from you for other reasons! Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha! One of the ladies said to me as I was walking out, “I can see your passion.” She probably doesn’t realize it, but what she really said to me was, “I can see Jesus.” Why? Because Jesus drives our passions when we yield to Him.

For example, I went to a conference over the weekend and listened to Lisa Harper speak. I saw her passion for the world. I saw Jesus! And many of our college and young people just got back from The Passion Conference in Atlanta, GA (http://www.268generation.com). They came back on fire for the things of God. Why? Because they listened to worship and teaching from people who are passionate about Jesus. He drives them!

When is the last time you where so passionate about Jesus that someone else could see Him? If it’s been a while maybe the lyrics from the song “Give Me Jesus” by Jeremy Camp will stir your heart back to what is of the utmost importance. I know it does me.

In the morning, when I rise
In the morning, when I rise
In the morning, when I rise, give me Jesus
Give me Jesus,
Give me Jesus,
You can have all this world,
But give me Jesus
When I am alone
When I am alone
When I am alone, give me Jesus
Give me Jesus,
Give me Jesus,
You can have all this world,
But give me Jesus
When I come to die
When I come to die
When I come to die, give me Jesus

Give me Jesus,
Give me Jesus,
You can have all this world,
You can have all this world,
You can have all this world,
But give me Jesus

Keep praying for all the details of the Dominican Republic Retreat to come together!

Love you!

His,
Vickie

No comments: