Thursday, November 10, 2011

Look at Me...

I suppose none of us wants to wake up in the morning thinking this day is going to be hard.  But the truth is, some days are just hard.  I have had several of those days stacked on top of each other for about the past month.  Today was really a tough one.  But that happens when we are dealing with our teenage loved ones, doesn’t it?  The cool thing about God is HE KNOWS.  Tonight as I sat down to evaluate the day, conversations, actions, etc., it is like the LORD is saying to my spirit, “look at Me”.

I can just see Him taking my face ever so gently in His hands and holding it so as to be fixed on Him.  Holding it so as not to allow me to be fully carried away by the circumstances of life, holding it so I will not turn to the left or right or look behind me but holding it in a fashion that would not allow my eyes to be able to deny His LOVE for me.

Again, the words “look at Me”. 

Friend, trust me that I am not foolish enough to think that anything I’m going through is a drop of water in a bucket compared to some of the things some of you are going through even as I write these words, but I do encourage each one of you no matter how big your circumstances or how small your circumstances, “Look at HIM”.  He Loves you!

In reading back over this blog I thought, “Wow, Vickie...This is kind of a downer of a blog.”  But then I decided that if we are going to journey together, our relationship must be authentic.  Authentic relationships are filled with life, and life can be hard, fun, silly, frustrating, awesome, crazy, etc. Today was a hard day.  So be it.  This too will be gone in about 40 minutes and we will start a new day! Ha, ha, ha!  One of my favorite verses from Scripture is, “His mercies are new every morning.”  I Love that truth.

Look at Him and Have a God Day!!!

His,
Vickie

1 comment:

Gale said...

HaPpY, HAPPY, Blessed bIrThDaY tomorrow!!! luv you mucho