Wednesday, June 8, 2011

God Day...

You ever had one of those days that you just know in your heart God was walking with you just like a friend and talking as you go.  Well, yesterday (Tuesday) was one of those days for me.  Just Him saying “ ‘Hey’ I’m here and I’m mindful of you.”.

On Tuesdays I travel to Ft. Smith, AR, which is about 1 and ½ hours from our home, to provide counseling for married couples.  My mom usually packs my lunch - yes, you heard it correctly, ‘packs my lunch’  -  because she knows I get about a 30-45 min. break during the day and she is sweet to pack that lunch for me while I am getting ready early in the morning to leave out.   Yesterday when I pulled my lunch out there was a snack of banana and almonds for later, and a hamburger patty, steamed yellow and zucchini squash and sautéed spinach.  But it was what was sitting on top of the sautéed spinach that touched my heart.  There, as plain as day, was about a teaspoon or less of mayonnaise.  Yes, mayonnaise! (NOT MIRACLE WHIP).  Don’t get me started on the difference between the two!!  Anyway, when I saw that mayo on top of that spinach I got a lump in my throat.  My mom had not only fixed my lunch, she had intentionally -‘knowing me’ - put a little dab of mayo on that spinach because she knows I like that on spinach.  I took my lunch and walked across the building to visit with Melinda Sparkman-Hawkins  (Asst. to Kathy Coleman, Founder of the Worldwide Mom’s Day of Prayer www.momsdayofprayer.com  ) and was sharing with her how my mom had been so thoughtful.  As we visited she asked me where all Pure Joy had been in Africa.  I shared with her the places we had been and then she proceeded to tell me about an opportunity she had been a part of in ministering in Senegal, West Africa.  She then told me a story about something she had tried to ship to Senegal but the cost was going to be ‘outrageous’.  Then she said,  “how would you like to take what is in the box with you to Costa Rica!”  Wow!  Of course I would like to take it!!!!   (I can’t tell you what is in the box because the missionary women also read this blog and they need to be surprised!) However, I can tell you that we have NEVER taken such a thing before! Would not have even had the thought.  ONLY GOD!!!   Now I can’t wait to hear from one of those missionary women about that box and the purpose for what’s in it!  Because He didn’t just do that for no reason! 

Yesterday afternoon, as I waited between clients, it was like the LORD said "Vickie, I love you and those missionary women.  I know exactly what they need.   Remember I am in the details, the little things that make a big difference."  The little things that add my touch, that say, I am with you. I care, I know, I see, I can.  Wow!  It is so funny how He shows up, isn’t it!  Last week He showed up in my office through a very dear friend just hours after I had cried out to Him in prayer over an issue.  He actually spoke to my spirit during the prayer but He sent this dear friend as a ‘period’ at the end of the sentence to say…..And what I revealed to you, I meant!  Girls, He LOVES US!   So don’t forget…He is in the details and HE will show Himself to you!!! 

In 4 weeks we board the plane to head to Costa Rica!  This week I have settled down into my countdown towards boarding the plane and all the team members coming together for the first time at Houston International before we leave the country!  Can’t wait to get with the missionary women!  

Please continue to pray for the details!  Pray for the team, pray for our flights, pray for all the final planning that takes place in the home stretch.  And get excited about what God is up to in the home stretch!  Pray for the packing which gets kind of crazy when the team is spread out everywhere.  We still have 26 missionary women to sponsor so don’t put off giving if God has moved on your heart about it.  Get it done! 

I love you guys bunches.

His,
Vickie

No comments: