Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Feeling the Joy...

The Africa Team has formed! God is sooooooo good! The team is finalizing shots (OUCH!) and honing in on the final stretch before leaving the country. I am so excited and also realize that all the team will be living in “warp speed” until we meet in Dallas to board the flight out of the country. I personally will find great Joy in that meeting because it will be my first Starbucks in two months. All my friends know the importance of that moment! In the meantime, don’t slow down, don’t let up, and don’t ignore the prompting of the Holy Spirit of God to get on board with us financially for this trip. We have 15 missionaries paid for as of this writing and 35 more ladies need sponsorship so pool your dollars; get your friends on board. Five here, ten there, 20 here, it all comes together and adds up. God’s word says the least will be the most. Don’t think your donation doesn’t count because it does! It impacts these ladies lives which in turn impact the kingdom!
A fun God moment regarding preparation for the trip happened Saturday morning. Patty and I went to Conway, AR to get our shots. While we were standing in the Kroger store waiting on the Pharmacist to show up Patty found a rack of (well, I can’t say what because some of the women might be reading this blog and it is a surprise). Anyway, she said to me “wouldn’t it be great if the store would donate one of these per women attending in Africa?”. “Yes,” I said, “why don’t you go talk to the store manger?” She opted out because that isn’t her deal. (We can let her off the hook here because she is very good and honorable in taking care of the money donated to Pure Joy). Truthfully, in the past neither did I do well with that, but God has just given me this boldness going into this New Year to not be ashamed to seek donations for the things of God and kingdom work. As I have been saying for a month now, dab nab-it, we throw tons of money into things that have no eternal value! I’m just not ashamed anymore to ask for funds to further kingdom work whether it is with Pure Joy or with any of the other thousands of ministries that are doing what God has called them to do. So give where He leads you to give! It’s all from Him anyway and He will take care of all He has orchestrated. Back to the story - I went to find the manager to ask about their willingness to donate the items to the women. In the meantime the girl I found wasn’t the manger but she asked where I was from. I said, “Morrilton”. She said I thought so, I recognized Patty. Seems that they all knew each other from growing up years and were in school together. Bottom line she went to the manager and he said yes. I mean no background check, no need to show ID’s, etc. Hee-Hee…just kidding. The point is God just orchestrated that moment. Isn’t’ it fun to be on board with Him and to get to be a part of HIS ORCHESTRA!

Hope you enjoyed the last blog as Penny shared how God worked in her life to confirm her going on this trip. I am going to ask some of the other ladies to share their stories along the way as well.

Please continue to pray for:

• The ladies in Africa that will be attending

• Their families that will be left behind

• The team members and their families that will be left behind

• Our flights and the weather

• The messages that will be spoken over the ladies

• The music we will lift up together in worship of Him

• The times of relaxation and fun fellowship

• The needs we are not even aware of will be met

• And that God will get every ounce of GLORY

Again I so encourage you to prayerfully consider allowing Pure Joy to become a ministry of your heart for prayer, giving, and going! Be open to His leading in all of these areas and know that I will more than gladly come to your area to share about Pure Joy and how you can get on board.

Loving Jesus, You, and the World that needs to KNOW HIM!

His,
vickie

No comments: